Chapter 20 - Found

"I found something!" Easton said as he burst through the door

"What?" I jumped up from my chair.

"I had some other deputies help me comb through footage from the traffic cameras Eloise's kidnapper drove past after taking her and we managed to get an ID on our kidnapper," Easton said as he moved to the kitchen table where I was standing.

Easton placed a file on the table and opened it to reveal pictures of a man dressed in all black. "Meet Leo Stetson. He is part of The White Lions gang. And do you know what is even better?"

I raised my brow at Easton.

"The plates of the car that the kidnapper was driving match the plates of the car that Eloise's father was driving when he was in town. So we finally have hard proof that her father is involved with her kidnapping." Easton said and his smile faltered a bit when a realization hit him.

"Why do you have that worried look on your face?" Lexi asked carefully as she moved to stand closer to Easton.

Easton's brows scrunched in confusion. "What worried look?"

"Your face does this scrunchy thing." Lexi said as she waved her hands and mimicked the face Easton made.

He stared at her as he crossed his arms over his chest. "No, it does not."

"Guys please, can we focus on saving Eloise?" I snapped. I was getting antsy. We were so close to getting Eloise back and I couldn't wait a moment longer. I needed her back and safe in my arms again desperately.

"Sorry." They both said at the same time. They both exchanged weird looks.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "What did you want to say before." I said as I looked at Easton.

Easton's gaze moved back to me. "Oh right. Well if Eloise's father is working with The White Lions gang the urgency to find Eloise just got a lot more serious." Easton paused before continuing. "The White Lions gang does not like loose ends and at the moment Eloise is a loose end. They'll probably only keep her alive until they get want they want from her." Easton blew out a breath and looked anywhere but at me.

"She's tougher and smarter than you think." I said angrily as I left the room. I needed a breather. It felt as if my nerves were eating me alive and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I took a seat on one of the porch steps and buried my face in my hands. I missed Eloise so much. This whole ordeal has shown me that I wouldn't want to spend a day without Eloise in my life. If we were ever getting out of this mess, which I believed we would, I was going to ask her to marry me. I now understood that Eloise only lied because she was only doing what she thought was right. I couldn't even count all the times I made mistakes only because I thought I was doing the "right" thing and thus I couldn't fault Eloise for doing the same. I knew that now. I just wish I could tell her that.