Chapter 16 - Time out

I pulled up to my brother's repair shop with a sigh

I pulled up to my brother's repair shop with a sigh. I hadn't been able to fully process what just happened. I was mad at Eloise and still somehow wanted to comfort her. Mad at her because she kept this whole thing with her father and Easton from me. And I wanted to comfort her because I knew that her father was a hard topic for her.

I sat in my car for a few minutes before finally getting out of the car. I couldn't hide in my car forever. I walked up to my brother's car repair shop. I searched for any source of light on the second floor where my brother's bachelor flat was. He built the repair shop by himself and he then decided that it would be a good idea to build his flat just above it. It saved him time and gas.

I gave my brother's garage door a hard knock. The crimson garage door shook slightly. I checked the time on my watch, it was just after eleven. I prayed that my brother Blake was still awake.

After a few moments, I heard a light being switched on and a few heavy steps. The garage door suddenly pulled up slowly with a jerk. I flinched instinctively. After the whole garage door had been pulled up my brother's face came into view. He was dressed in a white tank and blue flannel pants.

He didn't look very happy to see me, probably because I just woke him up. I cringed. I guess my brother was sleeping after all.

His steely expression faded away as he took in my appearance. "What's wrong?" He frowned.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah of course." He let me inside and closed the garage door behind us.

We walked past the taken-apart cars and up the stairs to Blake's bachelor flat.

I hadn't even made it into his bachelor flat before he crossed his arms over his chest. "You going to tell me what the heck is going on, now?"

"It's Eloise."

His arms fell to his sides as he stood up straighter and his dark brown eyes filled with concern. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, but,"

"But?"

"We're just taking a small time out."

He blinked. "What?"

"We got into a fight." I sat down on the couch and blew out a small breath. "Eloise thought that her father was somehow involved in the robberies. So she went to Easton to see if he could find proof of her suspicions. She thinks he's up to something."

"And what do you think?"

"I don't know. I definitely don't get a good feeling about him." I said uneasily as I ran my fingers through my hair.