Chapter 11 - Cabin Getaway

The sun was almost setting as we drove up the gravel driveway and a beautiful cabin came into view

The sun was almost setting as we drove up the gravel driveway and a beautiful cabin came into view. It had a small porch with two green, very comfy-looking chairs. The cabin was surrounded by acres of woods. Almost as if it was a secret place hidden away from prying eyes. It was the perfect place to escape to. The perfect place to escape when life gets too much.

Drew pulled the car to a stop right next to the cabin. As we climbed out of the car I took in the cabin. It was beautiful. Its dark wood panelling made it look so cozy. Like one of those cabins you only read about in books.

Right above the doorway, I saw a few words carved there. You could see the age in the wood, showing that the words were carved there a long time ago. I read the words aloud. "Cabin Getaway"
I turned to Drew, the question on the tip of my tongue when Drew beat me to it.

"We used to come here all the time as kids. My siblings and I named it Cabin Getaway, since my family and I always came here to get a break from our small town. Sometimes all the prying eyes and gossip gets too much." He explained.

"Nash thought it would be funny if he carved it on the house right above the door so that we'd never forget. Mom didn't think it was so funny at the time." He continued with a small smile. I gave a small laugh and after a moment Drew laughed with me.

Drew stared at the words for a moment before unlocking the front door. Weekend bag in hand I stepped into the cabin. Drew set his bags near a shelf filled with photos. I set mine there as well. We'd pack out later.

I took in the beautiful and cozy cabin. It had a dark green colour scheme in the whole cabin, with dark green curtains, pillows and blankets. Seems like the Owens liked their colour schemes. My hand drifted over the wooden walls of the cabin. "It's so beautiful." I said to Drew after lifting my hand from the wall.

Drew put his hands on my waist. "You haven't even seen the hot tub yet." He grinned. I blinked at him. "There's a hot tub?" I asked giddily. "Yeah, let me show you." He grabbed my hand and led me further into the cabin. We had passed three bedrooms and one bathroom before arriving at a glass sliding door, before Drew paused.

"Wanna go take a dip in the hot tub? It will warm us up." Drew had a mischievous glint in his eyes as if he were thinking about other ways that we could warm up as well. I smacked him playfully on his arm.

He looked at me with not-so-innocent eyes. "What?" He gave a husky laugh. "You know what." I said to him and gave him a smirk. He smirked in return. "I'll meet you out there." I said with a mischievous smile of my own.

I stepped into the room Drew had selected for us. We simultaneously decided that we wanted to share a room. We were both comfortable with sharing a room so why not?

Drew had luckily mentioned earlier that I might have to pack a swimsuit, just in case. I opened my bag and searched around until I found my swimsuit. I pulled out the dark blue fabric with a tug. After I had underdressed I brushed my thumb over the birthmark on my stomach. I quickly put the navy one-piece swimsuit on.