Chapter 1: Breach

First person POV: (Y/n)

Still on standby, still only my cat Loki, Levi, and Hange for company. It's been about a week since the capture of the Female Titan – Annie. Hange's been running tests left and right, trying to figure out what the thing is that Annie's stuck inside. I've helped then as much as possible without moving too much or straining my body in any way.

I feel better. I do. At least physically, everything doesn't constantly hurt.

One day, I woke up to my leg not hurting at all. Of course, I had to test it out immediately and go for a run. Well, needless to say, it wasn't a great idea. Not even half a mile in, my leg was giving me hell, and I ended up pathetically limping back to my room. The training Scouts saw, I felt their gazes on me. Wasn't all that comfortable in that moment, but I guess it's fine. I lived.

"(Y/n), mind handing me the hammer again?" Hange's voice pierces my thoughts. I hum and reach for the hammer beside me with my good hand.

"What were you thinking of?" I hand Hange the hammer and shrug.

"Nothing much. Just want to get back to training. At this rate, I'll go fat before I get back to work," I chuckle a bit. Hange gives me a stern look, not finding me funny.

"You've been away from training for a week. You won't go fat," they say and point the hammer at me, "if anything, you're letting your body rest and after you're healed, gaining muscle will be easier than ever before."

I hum again, not saying anything.

Hange motions for me to cover my ears, so I do and watch as Hange bounds the fragment of rock that broke off from Annie's cocoon. They've done it before. It doesn't fracture. But they've got hope that somehow with something, some mixture, it is breakable.

I think it is something made with a Titan power and most likely can only be broken by another Titan. If that. I haven't asked if Hange's thought of that. If I did, they'd probably be going running to Eren, wanting to test it out.

Eren's been getting some rest from Hange's testing. He was out for quite some time after Levi cut him out of the Titan's body. Two days, I think. I went to visit once. Mikasa and Armin were there. They were always there, looking after their friend like family would. But honestly, they are a gang of orphans, so what more would you expect.

Hange finishes bounding on the rock and slides in their seat with a defeated look. I lower my hands from my ears and stare at them.

"Any news on Erwin?" I dare ask.

"He'll be back in the HQ in two days. This is if his letters are to be trusted. You know how Erwin is," Hange mutters, looking up at me. I nod.

"I have not seen that blazer before," they say and point to my suit blazer. Truthfully. I've had it for some time now but had no reason to wear it. Petra convinced me to buy something more formal that isn't military uniform, so I got a suit.

"Yeah, probably the first and the last time you'll see me wearing it," I reply, "I feel like Levi while wearing this." Hange smiles at my comment before shaking their head and going back to staring at the rock.

"How about we go for a walk? I can smell your brains smoking from here," I suggest and stand, not actually waiting for them to answer. I know Hange's following me when I hear their chair creak against the floorboards and their steps hurrying after me.

"Are you well enough to go for walks?" they ask. I hum. Not a 'yes' and not a 'no' as well. I probably am not well enough seeing as my leg started hurting the moment I stood from the chair, but this is what I get for not resting like the nice doctor told me to.

We don't get far when a frantic messenger arrives.

The boy doesn't even tie up his horse before rushing toward us. Well, Hange.

He's panting, trying to catch his breath.

"Titans!" he finally gets out. "Titans have breached wall Rose!"

"What?" Hange reacts immediately. Wall Rose has been breached? Fucking shit. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. How is this possible?

"Wall Rose has been breached. The news arrived half an hour ago from 104th corps' isolated facility." Hange stills, I can tell they're silently processing, maybe even slightly panicking.

"Your orders, Section Commander?" I ask. They snap from their thoughts at that.

"Go inform Captain Levi and Cadet Jaeger," they say strictly, "we're moving out in half an hour." I nod and hurry back inside.

I know for a fact that Levi's in his office. Since being placed on standby, he's been catching up on some paperwork, well rather taking it lighter since he'd got more time with no training.

The stairs are the most annoying part about getting up to my room and to Levi's office. I manage, though, and as soon as I'm on the landing of the stairs, I speed my pace to as fast as my legs could take without running.

I don't bother with knocking when I make it to the right door. I just push it open; "Captain."

Levi's eyes are on me instantly. I haven't called him by his title, formally, since before that you-know-which-expedition.

"We've got half an hour 'til departure with Section Commander Zoe and Cadet Jaeger. Wall Rose has been breached," I rush out.

"Wall Rose?" Levi's voice betrays nothing, but his eyes fill with confusion.

"Yes, Wall Rose. The news just arrived." This time, Levi doesn't answer. He just stands, brushes past me; "Where's Four-Eyes?"

"I don't know. I assume they're looking for Moblit, but they gave me the order to forward you the message," I reply, following Levi toward the stairs.

"Go get the brat," Levi orders and takes a turn down the stairs. Without a word, I do so and head to the direction of Eren's room.

Again, I don't knock when entering. I wouldn't give a shit if I caught him jerking off, time is short, and we need to leave as soon as possible.

"(Y/n)?" I hear instantly. It isn't Eren's voice. It's Armin's. Great. I bet they'll want to come with us if Eren's going. Wait. . .Am I even going? In Hange going to take me with them?

I brush the thoughts from my mind and turn to the kids, "Wall Rose has been breached. Section Commander Zoe ordered departure in less than half an hour," I say and turn back around, heading off.

Honestly, if Hange decided that it is better leaving me behind, then I wouldn't blame them. What good is an injured solder?

Hissing out, I rush down the stairs and to the front yard of the HQ. Scouts in their uniforms are already shuffling around, reading horses gathering carts, supplies, and whatever else necessary for this trip. I just stand there, gazing at all of the commotion. Doing all the overthinking for the whole Regiment.

"(Y/n)! What are you standing there for?" Hange shouts from somewhere in the crowd, "We need to get moving!" I breathe out in relief. Seems like they do count on taking me with them.

"Give me a moment!" I yell back and head back inside, this time to my own room. For two reasons; one to change into my uniform because even if I'm not going to fight, I don't want to be amongst all these Scouts in my personal clothes. Two to get my cat. I don't care what they think. I am not leaving this kitten. I just found it. It's just come to terms with living with me, I am not about to abandon this animal.

When I enter my room, I instantly go to my closet, change into my uniform, strap on my harnesses, and pull on the cloak with Scouts Emblem. This time, I'm again going out as Euphoria. Not as some nameless chick with ODM who they saw when capturing the Female Titan.

A little mew sounds from behind me. Loki's sitting on my bed, eyeing me with feline curiosity. I pet him once and then pick him up.

"We're going on a little trip, Loki."

__________________

Word count: 1394

Mad World. Mad Love.| Levi x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें