Part 15

Lily pov

It has been quite many months since I came back from "that trip."

My soulmark doesn't hurt anymore and I don't really  think about it anymore. It's over. The big drama. I'm moving on with my life and trying to fix myself while doing it.

About three months ago I noticed that my soulmark, the rose from Cho has faded a lot and lost colour. I hope that it means that we both can move on and it doesn't hurt her.

Right now I'm looking for a great school to continue my studies and secure a great future.

I graduated th 9th grade with honors, which means I had only perfect grades and I passed all of the exams with more than 97 percent. Despite all of the hardships I have gone through I always made sure to keep my good grades since the beginning.

I'm  going to the 12th grade after this summer so I need to think ahead to be ready for whats coming next.

I've always been a little ahead of others my age so I should be perfectly able to make a living on my own when I hit 18 because then I'm an adult and cant depend on mom like a little kid anymore.

So, I need a great education. I have already done quite many university courses so I know what I want. I'm gonna be studying business. And design. And fashion. At the same time. Because... why not? I already have an idea about what I'm gonna do when I finish my studies so...

But before university (or college or whatever you call it) I'm gonna have to concentrate on graduating with honors(only the best grades) and doing my exams well.

I still haven't chosen which university I'm going to. I was thinking about one quite close to my home, because it is a really great university, but at the same time I've been thinking about moving to some other country and maybe studying there. So I'm not really sure about what I'm going to do.

But I've got almost a year to think it through. So I'm not really in a hurry.

My 16th birthday was quite nice. We went to the glass workshop that I've been going to for years with my family and we spent the day working with glass and making art. Me and my teacher had quite a lot of fun laughing at my parents and correcting their mistakes. 

My mom almost dropped her halfway done glass bead into her lap at some point, but luckily I caught it quickly. I scolded her because of that, because this glass is dangerous and if you are not experienced, then you should never lose focus while working with it. It's like they don't understand, what around 600/700 degrees celsius means! 

Interestingly enough, while they weren't too afraid of the glass, and didn't always pay enough attention to it, both my parents were hella afraid of the flame. Like what the hell? It's not gonna do anything to you. It's quite a sharp flame, I had to hold my hands and move them around the flame to show them that nothing will happen. As long as they pay attention. I mean it does reach up to like 1000 degrees celsius...

Anyway while watching them I also made some beads myself. I also spent like and hour making two special ones... Two beads out of clear and orange glass... An orange flower trapped in clear glass...

I smiled sadly looking at each of them, before putting them away into the furnace.

I also made a bunch of small heart-shaped beads in many colors.

After that we went to a restaurant, just the three of us and ate a fancy meal. When we got home, my mom surprised me with a beautiful and delicious chocolate cake, that she had made for me. It's now officially my new favourite cake.

I smiled, thinking about the day and continued drawing the dress that I had been designing for the past few hours. I couldn't decide how should the sleeves look. Should I make them long and loose/flowy or short, or one slim long sleeve and the other side off shoulder and short?

I have so many ideas going through my head right now. 

I took a lollipop from a drawer near me and continued lying down on the floor and drawing.

A few hours later

I finally finished designing the dress and it was perfect. I'll start making it soon. 

School will start next week. I already took all the books from library and I'm just waiting for the school to ask for the workbook money. 

So I'm prepared. To spend months just going to school and sleeping in like half of the lessons. Or maybe secretly doing my extra courses under the table... I'm thinking of a few history courses?

Not my picture

Not my picture

I changed clothes and washed my face. I wore an oversised hoodie and shorts under it. Typical me. I was listening to a calm playlist of classical music and slowly danced in my room. Waltz. I just love it for some reason. Moving lightly and quietly around, letting my body feel the music and move along with. 

I usually dance alone, but at some events I danced together with my mom or cousins. Men have a weird habit of asking me for a dance, but I politely refuse them all, because I really don't want anyone to touch me.

I continued dancing until the song finished and then turned the music off to go to bed. I slipped under covers and sighed. It feels so good to just lie there. I listened to my own heartbeat and just thought about my life.

Without noticing it, I fell asleep.

A calm and peaceful part now. The first big drama ended here. 

If there is something that you didn't really understand (especially the glass workshop stuff) feel free to ask. I kinda like talking about it as it is currently one my own favourite hobbies(more than 5 years now)

As always - vote and comment!

💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜