𝟏.

Hi, I'm Cassie Ryder. I'm A Soc and I live with my two parents along with my two older brothers. I'm 14 years old and a Freshman in high school. I live an okay life per say. I hang out with my friends usually at the Drive in or at the Arcade. They love going to the Arcade to meet cute boys and I love going because everytime I win a game, the more tickets I get in order to buy candy. I already have a big stash of candy in my room. I can't eat them all at once as much as I like too. No one wants diabetes.

I'm on the volleyball team, so that's a major priority of mine throughout the weeks. I found passion in it from playing ball in gym class with the try hard boys. It's great because I kept beating one of them. Specifically Bob Sheldon.

Being a Soc is pretty fun I admit. I mean I'm more privileged so I get easier access to things. Which means shopping plenty!

The last time I went shopping I caught a greaser stealing while they were flirting with the employee workers. It was Dallas Winston. I'm honestly not surprised. I don't know what possesses someone to actually be so committed to stealing. I'm sure his parents can whip up a couple of dollars..

I see Dallas Sometimes around actually. Mainly with this kid who looks shy and this other brunette dude. I don't know their names but they look more kind than Dallas does, makes me question why they hang with him. Probably because they're greasers too.

Greasers and Socs never get along. Many things end up in fighting. It's really stupid, the fighting part. Because last time it happened at school, I was nearly punched in the face because of how fast the altercation was. It's all so embarrassing how people fight each other because they're not all rich or whatever. And they always use the "white trash" excuse against each other. But we're literally the same.

I'm not taking any rivals seriously, that's why I'm also glad to be a girl. I'm not in any fights. Plus I even would talk to a greaser, just not Dallas Winston. I don't see the harm.

***

It was Friday at night and I was getting ready to go the Drive with my Friends, Gloria, Stacy, and Gwen. I put on a yellow and pink Floral shirt with jeans and black converse. I made sure to tuck my shirt in, it's always my favorite part about my outfits. I was going to call my friends and see when they were ready but realized my dad uses the phone at this time to call him guys. I wish I had my own rotary phone.

I walked downstairs and grabbed my mothers purse from the door to take a couple of bucks for myself before shouting bye to my parents before walking outside. And surprise my friends were just down the street walking up to me, perfect.

"I'm ready to see beach bumsss!", Gloria yelled.

"You're a fucking lesbian Or what Gloria", Gwen scoffed.

"I'm just being lighthearted and the movie we're watching involves beach bums, and I'm sure you wish you had one you gremlin". Gloria said as Stacy and Gwen gasped.

"Ugh rude!", Gwen said as she strutted towards me.

Gwen then smiled and opened her arms wide as we both gave each other a hug. I became friends with Gwen, Stacy, and Gloria when I was 11 years old. We had a group project together and instantly connected. I couldn't ask for more better best friends than them. If I wasn't friends with them, I think I'd rage the entire school day. Then Id probably be sent away heh, not a good idea.

"Well let's hit the movies. It better be worth our time. I'm not wasting this cute outfit for nothing", I said smiling.

"Especially that shirt, it's beautiful girl! I love the colors", Gwen said. "Aww thanksss", I said blushing. I love getting compliments.. sometimes I even fish for them. Who doesn't?