𝟕.

A/n:I forgot about this story so I am picking up off memory.. so sorry if it seems out of place but hopefully it does not

Authors POV

It was 3 days after the breakdown of Cassie. She did go to school however she was quiet. Gwen stayed close to her despite that and did anything to try and cheer her up. Cassie did appreciate it deep down but she had a hard time always showing it. She found a sense of oddness to just be happy all of a sudden. But it's not like she wanted to be sad, it felt like a loss that she could not escape.

Gloria and Stacy were talking to Ponyboy about everything. They both wanted Cassie and Ponyboy to have a mutual "connection" as it have no issues with each other. They both felt bad for them and understood both sides of the story.

Ponyboy tried talking to Cherry but most of the time she was with her boyfriend Bob or her best friend Marcia. It angered Ponyboy to see Bob with Cherry. He hated Bob, which greaser wouldn't though?

Soon he did finally get the chance to speak to Cherry though. He asked how she felt about him in present time and that if she would even consider him someone that's on her mind. Her answers weren't quite detailed and she seemed nervous, like as if she couldn't be honest or that she didn't want to embarrass herself. So she kept mentioning that she's a soc and that she's with Bob and that worlds colliding is not a good idea. It hurt Ponyboy but he saw it coming. So from then on he just knew not to give any of his time to Cherry and he regrets ever thinking it was worth it. He felt dumb for thinking a greaser had a chance with a soc.. but that's when he remembered Cassie. The one Soc that actually had a crush on him first. For some odd reason then, it made him feel better. Made him feel like he really wanted to talk to her, but he more so believed she needed space. He doesn't know in the end as he hasn't spoken to her much. Teens are confusing.

***

It was math class now and Cassie walked in late with a note from the nurse and took her seat in the back. She stayed quiet and did her work. And although she was late, she was the 4th person in her class to finish her worksheet first. She then asked to go and get a drink. She felt weak the whole day. All because of a boy she's hardly spoken to. It made her feel dramatic but somehow she was afraid of letting that quality go. Is it that sometimes people are more comfortable feeling like a victim than being some bad guy because they don't want to face anything even though it is 50/50? No ones the bad guy here. No one's a victim.

As Cassie went to get a drink a boy was getting one already so she stood behind waiting. The boy then stood up from the fountain. He had brown hair and it has much gel in it. And the jacket he was wearing along with his shoes. Cassie just knew. She wanted to just turn around fast but that gave her two options in her head.

Speed walk away and gain attention from him and leave in embarrassment.. or stay there and greet him.

"Hey Ponyboy.. how's it..how's it going", Cassie asked awkwardly.

Ponyboy then turned around and smiled a little at Cassie as he looked her right in the eyes. "Things are fine.. um.. I guess I'm not talking to Cherry anymore.. she was not worth it.. so that's cleared up and now I'm just moving on..", Ponyboy said as Cassie nodded. She didn't feel much when he said that. She's kind of glad she didn't although happiness would've been expected.

"So. You were left broken because you actually liked her.. and you probably still would have today if.. if you didn't speak to her right", Cassie asked.

"Maybe or maybe not. It should've been clear to me that she wasn't worth my time from the start.. she's too focused on status and plus how could I ever compete with Bob..", Ponyboy said as Cassie chuckled.

"If any girl is dating Bob then clearly you shouldn't be liking that girl because who would ever be interested in that man. Only an idiot of a girl", Cassie said laughing.

"Alright you know you're right. If only someone would've told me that earlier. If you were the voice in my head from the beginning of time, I would have a better life", Ponyboy joked which made Cassie Blush.

"I'll take that positively", Cassie said smiling.

"So.. how's it going with after everything.. you know with me and you..", Ponyboy asked.

"I'll be fine.. there was no need for me to blow up.. i admit I blew it out of proportion.. I know we have barely talked so it's not like you owe to me, to like me back.. I was being highly selfish.. I um let the feelings get the best of me.. I'll be more careful next time.. I promise.. and maybe we can be good friends who knows.. although I still really do like you a lot so that may not work out..", Cassie said being fully honest. She finally wanted to get this burden out of her. She felt horrible for everything and she knew that it wasn't at all much needed for all this tension. "Forgive me if you may.. if not I totally understand", Cassie said as she tried walking away but Ponyboy told her to wait as he gently grabbed her hand sending every butterfly throughout her whole entire body.

"I forgive you okay. And you're a great person. You prove that not all socs are bad. You don't even care that I'm a greaser. You like me anyway.. and I really like that.. and I'd love to be friends but maybe I might slip and catch feelings for you too..", Ponyboy said as Cassie turned around with her eyes slightly widened. She wanted to scream in joy but the hallway was empty and she was only supposed to get a drink.

"Okay.. I'll keep your word Ponyboy.. but I should get back to class", Cassie said smiling.

"Yeah.. and so should I...", Ponyboy said laughing as the two then went their separate ways back to class with newfound happiness.