𝟔.

Authors POV:

Ponyboy came home shortly after Cassie walked away crying. He never means to make anyone cry. And usually it'd be him the one crying so it hurt to see this. He felt like such a bad guy. A girl actually likes him and it's a Soc too. And Cherry on the other hand still has a boyfriend and said that she would've possibly fell for Dallas Winston. It seemed as though then Ponyboy didn't have a chance. Not to mention.. she told him that they couldn't say hi to each other at school. She wanted to protect her reputation and not cause anything. But it didn't seem as if Cassie cared much for that on the other hand. Cassie and Cherry were far more different despite being socs.

Ponyboy now wishes he had feelings for Cassie instead but his heart just couldn't. "Oh why do I fall for the ones who don't fall back.. one other trip to the Zoo.. great", Ponyboy said walking inside as his older brother Darry was in the kitchen making spaghetti.

He then took a seat at the dinning table sighing. "What's got your undies all in a bunch". Darry asked with Ponyboy placing one of his hand along side his cheek saying, " well.. I made a girl cry today.. because.. she likes me but I don't like her back..".

Darry soon then put a stop to his cooking and walker over to Ponyboy and took a seat. "Well dam it Ponyboy, a girl actually likes you and that's what you do".

"But Darry.. she's even A Soc.. but.. I hardly know her.. so it's not like this crush is my fault.. but I do feel bad", Ponyboy said frowing.

"Well you talked to cherry what? Three times in one night and look at you, you'll reject a girl who actually wants you for a girl who's already has a boyfriend and doesn't want to speak with you for her reputation.. not worth it bud". Ponyboy then cocked his eyebrow looking up at Darry now.

"How do you know all of this.. gosh dam Sodapop..".

"Oh so he's your favorite brother, you just don't trust me either to tell me this stuff I see now", Darry said getting up. "Oh don't turn this on you and I'm telling you now.. I don't want to make this an argument.. this is teen stuff Darry.. come on..", Ponyboy said rolling his eyes.

"Okay.. you're right sorry little bro.. just.. just get over Cherry before the girl breaks ya darn heart. And even if your heart can't just open up to that girl you made cry; at least you'll be over someone who doesn't care. Teen "love" is confusing and just a lot to think about. It's not easy to process everything because you guys are still developing so all these feelings are okay.. maybe try talking to the girl tomorrow if you see her..".

"And do what? Apologize for not liking her and make the situation worse.. no thank you", Ponyboy said as Sodapop then came through the door with Steve. "Oh god..", Ponyboy whispered to himself.

"Smells delicious in here, a bit of chocolate cake would also do some good in here.. and dam you two both seem stressed", Steve said snorting.

"Well that's because we are.. and me mostly! Girls are confusing.. I'm confusing.. I fall for the wrong girl".

"Wrong girl wrong time huh? Well that's a win, now you can definitely move on eh", Sodapop said as He dabbed up Steve.

"That's easy for you to say.. I mean all the girls love some Sodapop.. couldn't say the same for you.. St-".

"Pony.. don't even.. I'll ruff you up okay. I don't have time for your bullying. I mean look at you, you're weak", Steve said crossing his arms. "You see these muscles, now compare it to yours", Steve said as Sodapop laughed.

"Yeah whatever, make it about that b.s.. the point is today was screwed. And I went through it! Not you guys so cut it out", Ponyboy said sternly.

"Wow, my older brother taking a stand, I'm proud", Darry said smiling. "Good you ain't knock the side of my head", Ponyboy said scoffing as Darry laughed along with Sodapop and Steve.

"Well.. I'm going to go upstairs and come up with something.. I wish I could ask Johnny. For a quiet kid, he's definitely knowledgeable. But.. I feel bad for asking for advice sometimes you know.. because of everything he's been and is going through.. I hope he's not getting beat up right now.. I can't sit here normally thinking about that.. Better Hope Dally protecting him", Ponyboy said.

"He definitely is, when Dal ain't fixing cars, he's either with girls with Johnny, or he's just with Johnny alone. So don't worry kiddo", Darry said turning back to the pot as Ponyboy nodded and walked to his room. He plopped onto his bed and thought about weather he should apologize to Cassie and try working things out. But he also doesn't want to because he things it'll make things worse and he doesn't exactly like the sound of apologizing over something he can't control because it's his feelings and he barley knows Cassie. But he also is now considering forgetting Cherry because he isn't getting much anymore with her. And he doesn't want to waste his time being the other man. Although he isn't really anything much to Cherry clearly.

"Well.. I'll try talking to Cherry first. Maybe I'll get closure.. well.. I better get it", Ponyboy said staring at the ceiling.