𝟏𝟓.

Cassie ended up making it back home. Her parents greeted her a wirh hug and some breakfast and asked about her time with Gwen was. They commented on how she spends way too much time with Gwen outside of school, Cassie laughed about it because although that is true, she'll also use that excuse to stay at Ponyboys.

Cassie's older brother didn't question anything, he kinder stopped paying too much attention to what Cassie did. He just sat and talked with her during breakfast. Casual conversation because he does love her after all. Ignoring her would feel wrong and he had no reason to do that. They just haven't talk much in a long time so it's a little awkward but bittersweet.

While at breakfast, Cassie couldn't wait to go on a date with Ponyboy. That's all she mostly thought about. Holding his hand and looking into his eyes and hopefully sharing a first kiss. She's waited so long for this and she got lucky. She felt extremely touched by it and one day she hopes if Ponyboy ever becomes a writer, that he makes a story about them.

"So sweetheart, I've heard some things from around town, got anything to say", Cassie's mother asked, while Cassie drank her juice with a big gulped and stared. "What kinds of things", Cassie replied.

"I think you know", Cassie's mother said a little more sternly.

"Well mother.. whatever their saying is blown past by now and I didn't do anything. People are just crazy and self absorbed. All they care about is some stupid status to continue useless power, when we can all just live and love in peace which we will now, thankfully. Not that's all you need to know", Cassie said a huge smile as her family then went silent not expecting that confident answer.

"Well.. then we'll take your word for it, we just want you to be okay that's all", Cassie's dad said with a soft tone. "I appreciate that", Cassie said in relief. She couldn't live with getting in trouble just as soon as she's able to be more with Ponyboy.

"Well, I'm gonna go to my room and um write. But tomorrow at school, I'm surely ready", Cassie said as she then put her palm on her cheek and began daydreaming.

"Girls man", Cassie's brother said as he and his dad chuckled while Cassie's mom rolled her eyes. "Like you didn't do that with me babe", Cassie's mother said. Making the dad jerk back a little and cover his face making The brother laugh even harder.

***

It was now evening time and Cassie was doodling in her notebook. Making a random little cartoon about herself. She heard kids outside laughing and yelling. Heard a ball fall to the ground reminding her of when she used to play volleyball. She wondered if she ever got to get back into it, if Ponyboy would go to her games and write key details about her just to put into a book. She would love to read it.

Gloria, Stacy, and Gwen called Cassie at different times to ask about the rumble, and her updates with Ponyboy. They all kept talking about how they cousins wait to be Cassie's beat girls in cute yellow dresses at her future wedding with Ponyboy making her laugh. Gwen even made a silly joke of marrying Johnny one day if they ever pick up more in connection. But everyone else took it literally because they all kind of did ship her with Johnny. And Johnny's friends definitely did too.

Ponyboy was sitting with Johnny outside his house talking about the girl while the sun shinned on their faces. Highlighting their eyes.

"You know, maybe when I go on a date with Cassie, you could ask Gwen.. I don't think she'd reject you honestly", Ponyboy said with a smile as a slight blush appeared on Johnnys face. "I'm too nervous to do that.. she's a soc.. and even despite that.. I'm a shy loser..", Johnny said as he looked away.