𝟓.

It was the next day as school and Me, Stacy, Gwen, and Gloria were at our lockers. We all talked about what happened yesterday when me, Stacy, and Gwen ran into Dally, Ponyboy, and Johnny.

I asked Gwen if she was fully over Dally now because she actually had a good time with Johnny and getting to understand how his life is and what he does throughout the day. She felt so sorry for him and wanted to try and help. And she didn't care much to mention dally at all. She knew there wasn't much of a chance anyways but it hurt to face it. But she's glad she finally dodged a bullet.

Stacy then just had to blab about what I said to Ponyboy but I tried to turn it around on her and Dally bonding somehow but the focus stayed back on me completely.. how great.. it was very embarrassing because again.. I haven't even bothered to speak to Ponyboy today when I had all the chance to.. he was right at the shelves in the library, he was right next to my class when the bell rang. We past crosses in the hallway, and we bumped into each other. But that's it! That's it! But I see him more now that I confess! This is meant to be! Well no.. I can't be that stupid..

"You and Ponyboy.. this needs to happen now! Every waking moment needs to be set on planning! This boy could be the one!", Gwen said excited. "Welll.. that's too far fetched", I said awkwardly.

"Oh come on, after what you said yesterday, there shouldn't be any going back now", Gwen said.

"Until I get rejected.. at the end of the day.. he likes Cherry.. I saw him open his locker earlier and he had a drawing that said Cherry Bomb with a kiss next to it.. I'm so done.. I can't compete.. so nevermind actually.. I'll probably never get over him.. I'll rot! Then so be it..", I said sighing as I then walked away. My friends tried to get me to come back but i was really over it this time. I seriously wonder how it feels to have a boy actually like you and not the typical hot girl. And if not, why do they still not go after me. What force do I have around my that doesn't attract people.. I didn't think I was this bad..

***

School was finally over and I was ready to go home and cry into my pillow of feeling with no self worth. Why is life so harddd. And I haven't even spoke to my besties. Im too sad to speak.. I'll keep a distance.. I could be like my Great Depression but that's a whole case.. I don't want to be deemed as a crazy. So I won't even bother to use it as a form of exaggerated expression.

I heard Stacy, Gwen, and Gloria shouting my name but I pretended not to hear. And while looking down.. I bumped into someone yet again and.. it was Ponyboy.

"Oh sorry.. I didn't mean to", I said sounding monotone.

"Wow you must've had a bad day", Ponyboy said as I cocked my eyebrow. "Ya think. I mean I confessed my feels for you basically but you like Cherry and you don't know me and I don't know you so it's so humiliating.. gosh I hate me.. don't you hate me too.. I'm sure you do", I said as my face got red.

"Woah now.. I don't hate you or anything.. i don't have much of an opinion on you.. and.. I never thought someone would have a crush on me.. it's usually me doing the crushing but.. I.. I do like Cherry.. you're.. you're right about that..", Ponyboy said as my heart dropped into my grave.

"Well now I have my answer.. good afternoon! Just Great! Just fucking great..", I whispered to myself surprised a little because I cursed but whatever.. first trip to the new.. how many more to go? Who knows.

Stacy, Gwen, and Gloria then tried following after me but I kept on walking as tears ran down my face. How could I be this dramatic.. this hurts.. and Cherry did me nothing but oh I hate her!

"Cassie! Please stop..", Gwen said as I stopped fast and turned around in anger. "What! What do you want from me?! Because Ponyboy straight up confirmed he likes Cherry! It's all over! There is no chance! There never was! And Cherry would never date him! He's so stupid ", I said out of breath. That was just about enough I wanted to let out.

Ponyboy and Cherry weren't in the wrong at all.. I'm just in my feels.. but whatever I'm gonna be dramatic. I'm a freshman with her first big crush.. so this is reasonable.. I hope.