t w e n t y s i x

i think i'll miss you forever 

like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky

E D E N WASN'T SURE HOW SHE managed to graduate, but she found herself in a disgustingly bright-coloured yellow gown and cap surrounded by families and teachers she couldn't recognise. She felt as though her heart was going to escape from how fast it was beating as she glanced at Jacob grinning and waving at her. 

"Our answers were things like astronaut, president" She could hear Jessica say, who was apparently the class valedictorian, Eden wasn't sure how she managed to be one with how much the human girl liked to spend her time gossiping and shopping but each to their own. 

As Eden went to whisper a joke in Bella's ear, who sat directly on her left, she realised the girl was zoning out, biting her lips that were in a frown. Things were still a bit awkward between the two, and Eden had to force herself to accept that despite how close she thought they were, Bella would always choose Edward above all. It hurt, but that was life, and aside from Jacob, Eden couldn't help but not care about anything else. 

The two had that in common, she guessed. Where their life revolved around a guy, but the only difference was that Eden had no one else, and Jacob wasn't just a random guy. He was her soulmate, someone she would spend the rest of her life with.

"Or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered, rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this, who the hell knows!" Jessica continued and that made Eden think over the loud claps and cheers. She wasn't immortal like the Cullen's, her aging slowed down similarly to the wolves and now that she's graduated, she wanted to do something with her life. 

She wanted to go to university, explore the world and maybe become a nurse just like she always wanted to when she was younger. She couldn't just rely on staying between the Cullen's and Jacob's house. In her mind, she was still seventeen years old. She didn't like to include all those years she was locked up, so Eden stared at the stage determined before she suddenly heard her name get called out. 

She walked up to the stage with a wide grin, her heart still beating rapidly. She felt like a pure human as she walked up to the principal and shook his hand as she received her diploma, clenching it tightly between one hand. She could hear Jacob's loud clapping and cheering, and that made her whole body tingle with happiness. 

As she walked off, she could hear the next student get called out but all that mattered to her was running into Jacob's arms, who greeted her with a kiss. She reached up for his neck, and he pulled her up by her waist and onto her tiptoes. The kiss was short and simple as they pulled away from each other. An awkward cough distracted the two, and Eden noticed Carlise and Edward standing awkwardly.