t w e n t y s e v e n

I'm out 

I'm out 

there's nothing here to care about 

T H E  EERIE SILENCE WAS deafening, the sounds of the dense forests echoing. Heavy mist surrounded them as a shiver ran down Eden's spine. It felt as though it was a warning of what was to come, of what she could lose. The thuds coming from the eight wolves allowed a comforting warmth to overtake Eden's nerves as she made eye contact with the Cullen's. 

Tension was high in the air as she noticed the glares shared between Emmett and Paul, both itching for a fight and she knew they'd get their wishes soon enough. She felt Jacob's red-brown wolf gently stroke its head on her shoulder. 

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms," Edward muttered, however, it was useless as everyone heard him. His eyes analysing her, an emotion flashed on his face before it quickly disappeared. Not allowing Eden enough time to identify it. 

"I wonder why?" Eden replied sarcastically as she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, unable to keep her anger in check. Carlisle quickly raised on hand up, as if she were an uncontrollable animal and he had to keep her calm. 

"They came. That's what matters. Edward, would you be able to translate?" Carlisle stated, before switching his attention to Edward who nodded. Sam moved forward, his wolf was bigger than Jacob and that was saying something. However, something in Eden told her that the older Jacob gets, his wolf would somehow become bigger and tougher.  

"Hey Jake, welcome," Edward said, nodding his head to the wolf. It seemed that he must've received a strict talk from the Cullen's as the animosity in his tone was no longer there, a bittersweet realisation. He needed to hear from someone else about his unjust behaviour, rather than realising it himself. 

"Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them." Carlisle said, making a few of the wolves furrow their brows in confusion. Despite the short-lived moments Eden had between acknowledging the vampire world does truly exist, and being caged, she did have a little knowledge of the supernatural world. 

" They want to know how the 'newborns' differ from us."

"They're a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." Carlisle replied gently, scanning the pack before nodding to Jasper, who stood awkwardly. There was an uncomfortable stop from all the attention as he moved forward. 

Eden never properly spoke to Jasper, in fact, she barely knew anything about him. Something about him made her uncomfortable, however, she could never pinpoint what it was about him. He appeared to be a good guy, though, from Eden's past, she knew she didn't have good judgment.