n i n e t e e n

tender is the night for a broken heart

tender is the night
for a broken heart

F R O W N I N G  EDEN LOOKED AT HER PHONE THAT WAS CURRENTLY RINGING, SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHY BELLA WAS calling. It couldn't be about Edward or the rest of the Cullen's who were all currently away feeding on some mountain lion probably.

"Yes baby?" Eden mumbled into her phone as she stared at her nails. They were getting too short from all the biting she was doing. Definitely not a good thing, she wished her natural nails were as long as her claws.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to visit Jacob and w-was wondering if you wanted to come with?" Bella stuttered, despite the two being close the human could never not be awkward. Eden let out a chuckle, she nodded before realising Bella couldn't see her. The thought of why is Bella visiting Jacob crossed through her mind before it quickly went. She had Edward, it's fine.

"Meet me in front of my house." Eden said before hanging up, not letting Bella say a word. She knew it was a pet peeve of hers and the were-coyote tried to do it as much as she could. She stared at the baby blue wall before letting out a squeal, she's going to actually see Jacob and maybe finally fix things with him! It wasn't her ignoring her letters or a few words exchanged between the two, it was going to be a whole ass conversation.

30 minutes later Eden was dressed and sitting on the couch patiently. She sighed before smelling Bella and her crusty truck. Excited, Eden practically skipped towards the door and into Bella's car.

"Someone's excited." Bella muttered before giving Eden a small smile and started to drive. Eden began to tap her fingers against her thighs nervously and glanced at Bella.

"How can I not be? We're finally talking again" Eden let out a sigh. She was whipped, and everyone fucking knew it. Everyone knew that the two soulmates had barely spent time together before she ran off to save Edward, but those short-lived moments meant everything for the two and this time the were-coyote was not running off anywhere. She'd make sure of it.

"Uh I just wanted to talk about what happened.. last year," Bella said before pausing, waiting for Eden's reply who just nodded for her to continue. "I know this is no excuse but I just want to apologise. If you hadn't joined you and Jacob would most likely be closer then ever, but because of me and Edward you spent a year not communicating with each other. Edward told me how hard it is for soulmates and how much you struggled. Eden I'm really sorry for dragging you into my problems"

Eden froze, before throwing herself at Bella, hugging her tightly. The human let out a squeal from surprise and the were-coyote let her push her off her. The human was still driving and she didn't want them to die just because of an emotional moment between the two. Eden began to frown as she realised she had never properly reassured her close friend.