e p i l o g u e

Down fills the ground

Gravity's proud

- Rosyln by Bon Iver and St. Vincent

W A R M HANDS ENVELOPED EDEN'S waist, creating a cocoon of comfort as they spun her around until she faced him. The one who had been her anchor, the saviour who had taught her to breathe when the world threatened to suffocate her. His gaze, a reflection of pure love, met hers, and she welcomed it with a heart brimming with happiness.

"Hello," she greeted, a grin playing on her lips as her eyes twinkled with affection. Her arms wrapping tight around his waist, pulling him closer.

"Hi," Jacob replied, his laughter echoing in the air as he spun her around with effortless grace. The flowing white gown trailed gracefully around her, an ethereal dance in the quiet moments before the impending ceremony.

"I thought you aren't supposed to see the bride? It's bad luck, remember?" She questioned with a smirk, displaying her white gown as she spun. A dress she's always dreamed and wished for. 

"How could I possibly not see my princess, the very one holding our second child?" Jacob chuckled, his love for her evident in the lines etched on his face.

"That princess is feeling as though she's going to vomit, please stop spinning me," Eden nervously cried out, prompting Jacob to halt abruptly. His warm hands steadied her, and a moment of silence passed until the sensation of a gentle kick emanated from within her, followed by Jacob's joyous cheer.

"Did you invite Edward?" Jacob inquired, his lips tenderly kissing her forehead.

"I mean, for once he actually meant his apology after everything, and this was before the whole Volturi and Renesmee thing happened. He's my only actual living breathing family, and I am his," Eden replied, her shoulders shrugging as her gaze shifted away.

Jacob halted, studying her before chuckling softly and lifting her face to meet his gaze.

"It's okay to still hold a grudge. You're pregnant. You can get away with it," Jacob smirked deviously.

"You know, you make me an absolute goner for you," Eden replied softly before leaning in for a kiss, and for a moment it was just them until Jacob felt another kick.

"What can I say? I broke the ice queen down?"

"Oh really? Let's see if you can catch the ice queen," Eden giggled before playfully lifting up her dress and darting away. A loud groan escaped Jacob, who called out, "Baby, please. Be careful!"

As always, he caught her. The world around them melted into the background as they shared a moment of playful delight, the love between them a shield against any lingering shadows.