Chapter Thirteen: phone call

people kept looking at her she knew she was stranded no phones, no cash, no one to help and no place to turn to.

she saw an old cops ....she walk up to him hoping he did help her. good morning sir please I need your help she said to him and try to sound polite and In need.

the cop scan her suspecting some new drama, hey lady you put on wedding gowns and go around deceiving people and robbing them of their stuff he said bluntly not caring about her ruined dress or messy hair.

Diana felt a sharp sting at the back of her eyes and she tried to hold back the tears burning her eyes so bad.

I just needed to place a call please this time her voice sounded so desperate and broken that the cop to pity on her just three minutes., He said and then handed her the phone

thank you sir she said punching some buttons ...she waited for the call to connect. Hello ....a male voice filled her eardrum... who is this?

He sounded so peaceful and sleepy the thought of him with the other brides passing the night together without him thinking about her whereabouts almost forced her to end the call.

but the voice in my head sing a different song, glassy rule highway I'll be waiting for you she manage to say trying not to sound so broken.

Diana is that you? this time he Sounded surprise and anxious where have you been? ... where did you go?

Drey kept asking but she remained silent... I'm coming over soon just wait, she look at the cops then hung up without saying a word she turned to the cops and handed him his phone back.

then walk slowly away ..to stand right in front of the cops car she stare at the cars zooming off with so much speed

she don't know which brand is which, the racing cars disappear and new ones appear...
what are you doing? the voice asked.