Truth

Chef then ruined the moment. "Don't listen to them! There's only one way to be happy! My way!" She pushed Bridget and Gristle away from each other and reached for the trolls. 

But the chef bergen was pulled back and thrown away by Calibri. "Stay away from mi familia!" 

The two circled each other, the chef pulling out a knife triggering Calibri to lunge and push her into the pot behind her. The feathered woman took the knife and snarled at the trapped bergen. 

Calibri broke the knife in half after finding the name Wren on the blade. 

"I'll meet you guys at home. I have to take this one far from here." The woman then took off using her legs to pull the pot as she flew away and soon, she stopped at a hill. 

"Why did you have my cousin's knife?!" 

The woman crouched over the chef and apparently Creek since he was in the bergen's pack. 

"Well, I thought you looked familiar. She told me where to find you all, before the princess threw that party." 

Calibri then glared at the chef. "And she gave you her knife as a reward if you caught me." 

The chef nodded and flinched as Calibri took off and flew towards the village as the hill turned out to be a large creature that swallowed both the bergen and the traitorous troll. 

The woman flew back to the village to see the trolls rebuilding. It was going quicker thanks to some of the bergens helping. 

She shrank and started to look for Poppy and Branch, soon spotting them. "Poppy! Branch!" 

Poppy smiled seeing her feathered friend land in front of her. So, she gave Calibri a hug. "Where were you? Why'd you break the chef bergen's knife?" 

Branch saw how Calibri looked over to the other trolls and the bergens. "Calibri, would you like to talk about it in private?" 

Calibri nodded and the tree left for the bunker. Going down and stopping on the ground floor. The two trolls sat on the couch, and Calibri sat on the floor. 

"The knife I broke was my cousin's. She gave it to the chef." Poppy seemed confused about that and a little angry. "Why would you break it if it was a gift?!" 

"Because Wren, my cousin, knew I'd be triggered by it. We never got along, she would beat me, hurt anything or anyone close to me, and one day she was sent to a hospital to 'get better'."

Branch and Poppy listened closely as Calibri told her story. 

"One day, the day you two found me, I came home from work. I wasn't expecting her to be there in my home, I didn't even know she was out of the hospital. She had that very same knife, and I fought her off as best I could. But she stabbed me through the heart." 

Poppy covered her mouth. "You could have died." 

Branch was in more shock as Calibri kept talking. "I did. But not before taking her down with me, my last word seemed to have come true." 

Poppy then hugged Calibri as the woman teared up. "But how are you still alive?" 

"My soul was saved, by Quetzalcoatl. The feathered serpent. They turned me into something that most told their kids about. A Quetz, so I may have a new life." 

Branch joined the hug and Calibri wrapped her wings around the two. "And your cousin?" 

"She's somewhere out there. But I'm not going to let her get to me, I'm going to live my life as if it may be my last day." 

Branch let go of her first. "You're not planning to die again when you see her are you?" 

Poppy let go next. "Please don't!" 

Calibri puffed out her chest and squared her shoulders. "No! If I'm to die I will have a warrior's death. Which means I never give up, and fight till my last breath. But I will fight not for myself, I will be fighting for you guys." 

Branch and Poppy smiled before they got into another group hug. 

"Guys, don't tell anyone about this. I don't want anyone to worry." 

"We promise."