Feathered Messege

Calibri was happily sleeping in her tree home, when all of a sudden, an autotuned shout from down below.  So, she rushed out of her home and glided down as fast as she could to see Poppy, Branch and their friends gathered around Guy Diamond.

"Guy Diamond, what's wrong?!" Poppy was very worried about her friend. But what he said next both excited and confused Calibri. "I'm having a...BABY!" 

Calibri's eyes went wide as a smile stretched on her face. "I know I should be confused. But...I'M GONNA BE AN AUNTIE!" 

Satin and Chenille quickly knitted a little jumpsuit. "We're on Jumpsuit duty!" 

Cooper was pretty excited too. "I get to be a role model." 

Smidge wasn't so happy. "I don't wanna be a big sister!" 

Then a sparkly egg popped out of Guy Diamond's hair and then hatched. The baby looked just like his dad. 

"What should I name him?" Poppy thought for a second. "How about...Tiny Diamond?" 

Calibri watched as the trolls continued the song they were singing as she flew up to the branches of the canopy. She spun through the trees, some of her feathers shedding to reveal brighter, newer feathers underneath. 

The trolls finished the song and Calibri landed near Guy and Tiny Diamond. 

"Tiny Diamond, welcome to the family, little buddy." Poppy and Branch joined the Quetz in greeting the newest troll. 

"Thanks, Aunt Poppy. And thank to this silver-haired daddy of mine for bringing me into this world." 

Poppy awed and Calibri smiled at the smaller troll. 

Guy Diamond was really happy too. "I never knew my heart could be so full." 

"Peace and love. Bless up, Tiny and Daddy out!" With that the father and son left to do their own thing. It was just Poppy, Calibri, and Branch now.

Poppy waved to the two as they left. "Oh, ok, bye!" 

"Hey, uh, Calibri. There's something I was hoping to ask you. I mean, I guess..." Calibri heard something and looked up and saw one of the children hanging from some vines by their foot. "Sorry, Branch. One of the kids is about to fall, I'll talk to you later."

With that the bird woman flew off to help the kid, making Branch cringe and look down. 

Poppy placed a supporting hand on his shoulder as Calibri helped the kid get untangled and down to the ground. 

"You ok, kid?" The child nodded and ran off to find their parents. 

But that's when Calibri and the others heard Biggy panicking. "Poppy, Calibri, Help!" 

"Biggy?!" 

Biggy was running from a small white bat creature that kept barking at him. It was weird, but Poppy grabbed the creature with her hair.  "Gotcha!"

Poppy then started to panic since the bat was stuck in her hair. "It's in my hair! It's in my hair! Get it out, get it out, get it out!" 

Branch tackled the bat and calmed it down by rubbing its eyes and wings, Calibri picked up the bat and held it gently. "There you go. There you go. Calm down. Who's a good boy?" 

"Branch, I think it's a female." The other trolls gathered around and looked at the strange creature. 

"What is that thing?!" Legsly asked as she pointed to the bat. 

"It's creepy." 

"It's scary." 

"And nasty." Tiny Diamond held out his arms after his dad said that. "Hold me, Daddy." The father and son hugged. 

Calibri then noticed something on the bat's claws, three things. One of them was a scroll made of denim addressed to Poppy. So, the feathered woman handed it to her friend. 

"To Queen Poppy...Oh, don't worry, everyone! It looks like it's just an invitation!" This put everyone at ease as Calibri took the other scroll from the bat. 

She didn't pay attention to Poppy as she studied the letter, taped to it was a red and black feather. 

Calibri wasn't even paying attention as King Peppy took the scroll Poppy was holding and tore it up. She took the feather in her hand and sniffed at it; it was a familiar scent. The scent of charcoal, coconut, and mint. 

The feathered woman dropped the feather and hissed as she stared at it, startling some of the trolls. 

"Calibri, you alright?" Poppy took her friend's hand and tried to find out what was wrong. "I'm fine, what is it?" 

"We're following my dad, he's gonna explain some things to us." Calibri sighed and nodded. "I'll meet you and Branch in my hollow. This other letter is for me, and I know who it's from." 

Calibri flew up to her home and went inside, nearly forgetting that she still had the bat with her. 

"So, she finally reaches out to me. About time, I've been anxious about when she might strike." The woman was startled when a voice spoke behind her. 

"Who reached out?" It was Branch, he was wearing camo and survival gear as Poppy came up behind him. 

Calibri opened the scroll. "If you're reading this, it means that stupid bat actually found you. You know who I am, Calibri, you killed me after I tried to kill you. At least I was successful in ending your first life." 

Poppy then gasped. "Your cousin!" 

Branch scolded Poppy. "Poppy, let her finish." 

"Calibri, you know I like a challenge, and I know you'd do anything for those silly Pop Trolls. Play into my game, and they won't be hurt. Once at Barb's concert, you'll have the right to challenge me for all the tribes' freedoms. You name the challenge, rules and stakes, and witnesses. I'll name the place. Your cousin, Wren." 

Calibri set the little bat down and unsheathed her claws, tearing up the note and clawing her wall. It looked like a scratching post now. 

"That Perra! She wants to play some stupid game! Lives are at stake and she's acting like this is a game?!" 

Branch was quick to calm the woman down. "Calibri, it's ok. We will get everyone in the bunker, and you can hide there too." 

"It's not that simple." She sat down on her knees. "Wren is challenging me. Our family is some of the last warriors that fought for the ancient tribes of my world. Something like this can't be avoided." 

Poppy had an idea, one that Branch wouldn't like.