Interrupted Wedding

Calibri was making sure the decorations were set at the troll tree. Her feathers seemed duller than normal, and she had bags under her eyes. But she's been getting enough sleep, and it was now normal to shed more. 

The quetz looked around to see her boyfriend wasn't there, he was supposed to help her with the organization. She flew down and made her way to Branch's old pod. 

She went inside and found Branch listening to an old record. "Branch, you're listening to Brozone?" 

Branched turned and put the record away. "You know about Brozone?" 

Calibri nodded and sat on her haunches next to him. "Poppy introduced me to their music. I'm guessing your grandma listened to them too?" 

He nodded, but he seemed distant. "My grandma had very questionable taste. I mean, look how she decorated this place. I'm sorry, but there are some things that shouldn't be macraméd. Am I right?" 

The feathered woman didn't seem to believe him. "Branch, amor, you're hiding something." 

"What? Don't be silly. No." Branch crossed his arms trying to brush it off. 

Calibri took his hands in hers and calmly looked into his eyes. "Hey, you don't have to tell me anything right this second. When you're ready, you can tell me anything. Okay?" 

Branch smiled at her understanding, and they hugged before going outside. The troll of the two hopped on Calibri's back and she took off, with some struggle. "Cali, are you okay?" 

"I'll be fine. But let's go." 

Calibri dropped Branch off to go help Poppy get Bridget ready for the wedding. Once there she saw the awkward dress the Bergen was in. "Alright, ladies! The quetz is here, Satin, Shanille, hidden jumpsuit." 

The twins got to work making the veil, jumpsuit and a dress made of white balloons to conceal the real outfit. 

"Good work, girls. Now let's get your make-up squared away, honey." Calibri was now in her normal size instead of her small one so she could help. 

Bridget looked nervous, and the feathered woman noticed. "You nervous?" 

"Well, no, but I want to ask you something, Cali. I asked Poppy about it, and she thought it was a good idea." Bridget was more nervous while talking now. 

"What is it then?" Calibri finished with the make-up and put her tools down so she could listen. 

"Um, I was wondering if you'd walk me down the aisle. It's okay if you don't want to though, I just thought-." 

The quetz placed a hand on Bridget's shoulder. "What makes you think I wouldn't? Bridget, I'd be honored to walk you down the aisle."  

Poppy celebrated a bit and hopped onto Bridget's shoulder. "Come on! Let's go!" 

They went to the window since the balloons used for the dress could float. Calibri made sure they floated down to the wedding ceremony as everyone sang and danced. Once down there the bergens reaveled Bridget to Gristle. 

"Bridget, you look beautiful!" Poppy was still very excited for today. 

"Thank you so much for being my maid of honor, and thanks for walking me down, Cali. I couldn't have done this without you two." Calibri smiled as she folded her wings, a few of her feathers falling as she did. 

"Oh, of course, Bridget. I love you like a sister, probably. I don't have a sister, so I wouldn't know.-" Calibri stopped Poppy before she went on a rant. "Alright, Poppy, calm down. We can deal with the sister thing later." 

"Ah! Yeah, no, of course. You go get him girl!" Poppy then popped the balloon dress making an explosion of glitter and revealing the hidden, white jumpsuit with roller-skates. She then rushed to stand with the rest of the trolls. 

"You ready?" The feathered woman offered her arm and Bridget took it. "Ready." 

The two walked down the aisle and to the alter, the bergens and trolls smiling as they did. Calibri helped Bridget up the stairs and then joined the trolls as she shrank down. "Like a beautiful angel sent from heaven."

Calibri sat on her haunches and held hands with Branch as the ceremony started. 

 "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the sweet, sweet love of Bridget, -hey girl- and Mr. Yummy Tummy himself, King Gristle." The priest announced. "Now falling in love is easy. We've all done it. Thousands even, if you count that semester I spent abroad." 

This made Calibri chuckle and shake her head. But a voice made her freeze. "Stop the wedding!" 

Everyone looked to where the voice was heard to see a troll. He leapt down, and ziplined down some of the lights. When he landed, he took off his goggles. "Sorry, is this bad timing?" 

Calibri stood to her full height even though she was small. "Why are you here, stranger?"

"I'm just trying to find a troll named-." He gasped and came closer when he saw Branch. "Baby Branch! Look at you, you got so big! You're not a Branch anymore-!" 

Calibri flared her wings and hissed, intimidating the troll. "How do you know my boyfriend?" 

"You're right, totally rude of me. Didn't introduce myself. I'm Branch's brother." He then smiled awkwardly. 

Poppy then came in. "What?!" 

Branch pointed towards the troll. "Correction: Used to be my brother. Not anymore." 

Calibri then kneeled down and used her wings to cover them. "Amor, is this the thing you weren't ready to talk about yet?" 

He nodded. "It is, I didn't know how to tell you." 

Poppy then entered the wings. "You could've told us you have a secret brother!" 

Branch disagreed. "Former brother." 

The pink troll then disagreed with him. "That's not how DNA works!" 

Calibri then stood up and Popp introduced herself to the new troll. "Oh my gosh we were being so rude! We've never met anyone from Branch's family. I'm Poppy, Branch's best friend, and this is Calibri, Branch's girlfriend! Should we hug, fist-bump, smile and wave for now and see where the night takes us?" 

The troll smiled and shrugged. "All of the above?" 

Poppy then recognized the troll. "Wait! I know you, you're that guy from Brozone!" 

Calibri shook her head and her tail twitched as she looked closer. "John Dory, I'm guessing." 

Poppy then nodded. "The old one!" This made the feathered woman laugh a bit before covering it with a cough. 

"Sorry, sorry, but why are you really here? You can't just be here for a friendly visit." Calibri was proven right as John started to explain. 

"It's about Floyd." Branch's eyes went wide. "Floyd? What do you mean?" 

John explained everything, how he got a letter, how he found where stars Velvet and Veneer were keeping Floyd, and that he was held in a diamond prison. But that wasn't the last thing. 

"They also have a Quetz, she looked kinda like your girlfriend here." Calibri's eyes went wide before she looked at the troll. "What was her name?" 

"Mariana, Mariana Pájaro." This made Calibri shake her head and growl under her breath. "She looked like she was around forty maybe-." 

"Fifty. John Dory, the Quetz you saw...was my mother." Everyone gasped at this. 

"Your mother?!" Poppy pulled on her ears as she saw how Calibri stared out to the distance and drowned everything out only to be broken out of the trance when Branch pulled her into the Rhonda vehicle. 

"Calibri, are you okay?" Branch was concerned about her. 

"I'll be fine once we get your brother and my mother out."