Just Sing

Calibri was chained down by her ankles backstage as Bard sang Barracuda. She tried to rip the chains out of the ground, and she didn't expect the snack pack minus Cooper on stage in these costumes. 

Bard grew suspicious of the "band" until Biggy shouted, "BARRACUDA!" and then smashed the guitar he had. 

Barb turned to the crowd, the rock trolls going nuts for the performance. "Give it up for your former leaders! Funk, Country, Techno, Classical, and worst of all, Pop!" 

One of the giant teeth of the stage turned around to show Poppy in a cage. But Calibri was really angry and belted out a roar of defiance.

Barb smirked before picking up her guitar. "Who wants to see what the ultimate power cord can do?!" 

The rock trolls cheered as Calibri finally broke the cuffs and rushed to stop Barb before she used the power cord. But as Barb was playing it, she was hit in the face with a book. Talk about throwing the book literally. 

A hot air balloon then came out of the clouds and Branch was piloting it with the reggaeton and K-pop trolls with him. "I guess a giant, comprehensive manual does come in handy!" 

"Branch!" Barb was amused as she smirked. "Isn't that puke. Calibri's little boyfriend came to crash the concert, Wren."  

Wren came out of the shadows and was about to attack Barb, but as Barb was about to scream for her life, Calibri barreled into Wren. 

"Barb! Break the guitar! She was manipulating you so she can take you out and rule the new rock world herself!" 

Barb was frozen, but Poppy, who got out of the cage, grabbed the guitar and smashed it on the ground. Creating a shockwave that threw Wren back and into a wall. The impact knocking her out. 

The world was now grey. "No...My strings." 

Poppy rushed to Calibri and hugged her as did Branch. "You weren't kidding about your cousin. I'm so sorry for not listening to you and Branch!" 

Calibri wrapped the two in her wings and in a hug. "I'm just glad you two are okay." 

"What have you done? You destroyed music!" Barb turned to Poppy with anger, but Calibri stood up. "No, she didn't." 

"But-!" 

"The strings just helped you channel your music. True music comes from inside you, all of you!" 

Cooper held a microphone to his heart and the beat was on the speakers. His twin brother started to beat box to it, and this made the feathered woman smile. 

"See?!" 

Delta Dawn then started to lead the country trolls in a beat by clapping her hands and stomping her hooves.

"Calibri's right! No one can take away something that's already inside us! Because that's where music really comes from!" Queen Essence started to address the tribes. "It started with the strings, but now it comes from us!" 

The techno trolls then started to sing in their electric voices as Trollex shouted out. "Yeah! It comes from our experiences!" 

Delta continued. "Our lives!" 

Essence then gave her point. "Our culture!" 

Calibri made one last point as she kneeled down to Branch. "Our emotions." 

Poppy fangirled as she saw this, and Trollsart clapped his hands. "Beautiful!" 

"Listen to that, no one can take that away." Poppy stepped forward on the stage and started to sing and it gave hope to everyone. 

The Quetz watched as everyone, even Barb sang their hearts out and got their color back. It was a magnificent performance by the trolls around her. 

And she could see some chemistry brewing between Poppy and Barb as they dueted. It was amazing to see everyone getting along. 

After the song was over, Branch came up to Calibri. "Calibri, I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime. Not like go out for supplies for the bunker, but maybe dinner?" 

Calibri smiled at Branch. "Are you asking me on a date, Branch?" 

"I-I, um, w-well, only if you want to." Branch was cut off by a kiss on his forehead. "I'd love that, you grump." 

Wren then got up and hissed at everyone, but the trolls and Calibri stood strong. As Calibri and Wren were about to fight a feathered snake's tail wrapped around the red and black Quetz. 

"What?! What is this?!" Calibri stopped Poppy and Branch from going towards her cousin. "You forget, Wren! When a Quetz uses their power for dark purpose, they will be dragged to Xibalba by Quetzalquoatl himself! To be punished for their misdeeds!" 

A hole opened up under Wren and she was dragged into the abyss before it closed. 

The Quetz took a deep breath and looked at the sky. Her fear and anger leave her person, and relief flooded Calibri's mind. She no longer had to worry about her cousin trying to hurt those she cares about anymore. 

"You knew that would happen?" Poppy was the first to ask. "I did. That's why I wanted to find her and warn her. She may be manipulative, murderous, and straight up evil, Wren was still family. And I cared about her." 

Branch and Poppy hugged the woman and then they all helped the tribes get home. 

It was an eventful day. 

But Calibri smirked at Poppy and crossed her arms. "So, I saw that chemistry with you and Barb. Maybe me and Branch won't be the only couple for long.~" 

Poppy tried to push the woman away, but it didn't work as Calibri was nearly ten times stronger than her. 

"You like her, Poppy. But don't think I'm not gonna stop teasing you, baby girl." 

"You're so mean!"