Captured

Calibri flew around in the dark, tears pricking her eyes, but she kept it inside. She had a mission, she had to stop whatever was happening and free the tribes. 

That was when she crashed into something head on and fell onto a balcony. 

"Oh no, Cali." Calibri knew that voice, but due to her blurring vision and dizziness she passed out. 

When the woman woke up, she was on thee softest bed ever made. It made her want to fall back asleep. But now wasn't the time for beauty rest, Calibri sat up and felt her head. 

"Careful, miss. Your wing was dislocated, so you're gonna be a little sore." The one who told her to relax was a blue funk troll in a beautiful dress. "Where am I?" 

"Vibe City, I am Queen Essence. My son said he's a friend of yours."

Calibri knew who she was talking about. "Cooper, he told you about me." 

Essence nodded. "He did. Your wing should be healed, and the rest of your friends are hearing what really happened with the strings years ago." 

The feathered woman stood up and moved her wing, it was a dull ache but nothing she couldn't handle. She walked with Queen Essence to a room with a bass in the center, a single purple string on it. 

"Cali!" Poppy was the first to run and hug Calibri. "I'm so glad you're ok. Biggy went back to Troll Village after you left!" 

Calibri hugged back and then stood straight as she let the pink troll go. 

"I haven't been entirely honest with you, Poppy." Calibri walked over to a wall and leaned on it. "Wren is manipulating Barb somehow. Convincing her that the Rock Trolls need to turn everyone to their music. She's doing it so she can finish what she started and rule a world that wouldn't care if she's murderous." 

Branch came over and held the woman's hand. "How do you know?" 

"It's all she talked about when we were kids. She killed me saying she was tired of being confused for me. But I don't believe her." 

An alarm then sounded making everyone look up. "Rock has arrived! It's on!" 

The king shouted to his subjects. "Prepare for battle!" 

Calibri ran on all fours to stand with Queen Essence as she spoke through a megaphone. "Assemble the crew!"

"I'm staying. I'm done running." 

Cooper's twin came over on his hover device and strapped these blade like armor to Calibri's wings, even handing her metal talons and an iron mask. 

"We had a few Quetz's here before. One gave these to us in case another came around." 

The woman put on the mask and metal talons, knowing she'll need them. But as they were all about to go into battle, the lights went out. 

"Hard Rock cut the power!" 

"They're fighting dirty!" 

Rock trolls piled in and managed to overpower the funk trolls, and everyone was captured. But at least they fought until they couldn't anymore. 

Calibri was tossed in a cell with the other troll leaders, the rock trolls who threw her in chuckled and fist bumped. But they were scared as the woman slammed into the bars and letting out an unnatural shriek.

"Calibri?" King Peppy touched the Quetz's wing, but she hissed and growled as she sharply turned to him. 

A rock troll then came up to the cell with a Quetz at her side. And Calibri knew who it was right away. 

"Wren." The red and black Quetz smirked. "Calibri." 

The rock troll smiled deviously and pointed to Calibri. "This is your cousin? The one that still follows that old code? I thought she'd look tougher." 

Calibri snarled as her eyes turned yellow, shocking the troll queen. "Barb, can I have some time with my cousin?" 

Barb shrugged but left so the two feathered woman can talk. 

"Why are you manipulating her?" Wren chuckled and inspected her claws. "Power of course. I knew if I died before my true time, I'd end up a Quetz. But it wasn't part of my plan to kill you first, but I can't complain." 

Wren then left and Calibri clawed at the stone like walls. 

"I'm gonna sing a bit. Don't be surprised about it though." The leaders nodded and the country troll patted the woman's shoulder. "Go ahead, sugar." 

"Closer. Closer to the edge of night. Closer. I can see the battle lines. I can feel the fire when I breathe in. Waking up the giant that's been sleeping. Playing this game for a reason. Been playing this playing this game.~"

She paused before continuing. "Never say die! Never say die! You're gonna see me standing with my fist in the sky! Never say die! Look into my eyes! Yeah you know that I can see the future gonna rise! Oh! Never say! Never say! Oh! Never say! Never say die!~"

"Harder. Gonna prove I came to win. Stronger. Bet against me think again. Sometimes I feel I'm hanging off the deep-end. But I'm sick of playing games with my demons. Let me show you what I believe in. What I believe in!~"

"Closer. Closer to the edge of night. Never say die! Never say die! Won't give up I was made to survive! Never say die! Never say die! Never say die! You're gonna see me standing with my fist in the sky! Never say die! Look into my eyes! Yeah you know that I can see the future gonna rise! Oh! Never say! Never say! Oh! Never say! Never say! Never say die!~"

Barb could feel a chill go up her spine and Wren had a neutral look. The red and black Quetz didn't show it, but now she terrified. She'll never admit it, but she was scared of Calibri. Wren has never seen her cousin lose a fight when protecting something she loves. 

That song wasn't an empty threat. It was a promise.