Epilogue

Calibri stood on a branch near her hollow. She was smiling at the moon and stars that glittered in the night sky. The wind softly blowing through her feathered hair. It was peaceful until the small pitter patter of feet came running. 

"Momma!" A little Quetz jumped onto Calibri, she had the feathers of a cardinal and seemed pretty young. It was Lilly, her adopted daughter. 

"Hey, munchkin! Where's your dad?" Branch came running over as he caught his breath. 

On the couple's fingers were a pair of rings. They got married a few years after saving Floyd and Mariana. Speaking of that time, Veneer actually got out of prison early for good behavior and is currently going to college. He visits sometimes. 

"Sorry, babe, she is fast." The troll sat next to the two and Lilly sat in her mother's lap. "It's okay, she's probably excited since we're going to see Bruce and Brandy tomorrow." 

Lilly loved spending time with her cousins, they all made up games, had fun, you know kid stuff. 

"But I can't sleep! Momma, can you tell me the story again?!" This made the woman chuckle and Branch leaned against her as she nodded. "Alright, alright. But then to bed." 

Calibri took a deep breath and started the story as her child looked at her with wounder. 

"It all started when I got home from work..." 

The End!