19: The Truth

Jasmine

My eyes slowly open, taking in the suttle sunlight that slips through my bedroom curtains. Besides having the slightest of headaches, I actually feel quite well rested. A heavy sigh leaves my body, and I go to sit up but am stopped by a sleeping red head lying on my stomach. His arms are wrapped tightly around me, trapping me in place. I look down at Carter's innocent sleeping face. I can't help but smile as I run my fingers through his messy bed hair. I'll never tell him how much I love these curls a top his head. That would just be weird.

His eyes flutter open momentarily, and he mumbles in a deep, sleepy voice, "Good morning, princess Jasmine."

My stomach flutters.

"Good morning." I whisper, still running my fingers through his hair.

"That feels nice." He whispers into my stomach. I take in his side profile while continuing to caress him. I have a sudden urge to trace the light freckles doting his nose and cheek, but I refrain from giving in to it. There's those feelings again, trying to creep their way into me.

"We should get ready for school." He lets out a groan and lazily sits up in my bed, clearly still waking up. I find myself already missing the warmth of him being wrapped around me.

Carter gets out of bed, and my eyes widen while I watch him stretch. He is shirtless with just some grey sweats on, and they sit low on his waist. His back muscles are so pronounced that I find myself not able to look away. He reaches up to run a hand through his messy hair, and I find myself practically drooling as I stare at him.

"Want me to make you something to eat? I make a pretty good bowl of cereal. My cereal to milk ratio is top tier."

"Uh, huh." I respond, not listening to a single word he has just said.

I continue to stare at him as he turns around now facing me. My eyes slowly take in his toned chest and abs. I let out a deep breath that I hadn't realized I was holding. How long has he looked like this? And how come I am only noticing it now?

I swallow, licking my lips. I am beginning to feel like a horny mess.

"Jas, are you okay?"

"Me?" I point to myself.

"You're the only other person here, Jasmine." He laughs lightly.

"Right," I slowly get out of bed. "I'm going to take a shower."

I rush into my bathroom before he can respond. I stare at myself in the mirror, then turn on the sink faucet and splash my face with the cold water.

"Get it together, Jasmine." I scold myself.

I turn on the hot water in the shower, quickly undress, and then step in, letting the water take over my body. I finish quickly and reach for the towel on my wall, and wrap it around myself. I brush my teeth, do my morning skincare routine, and decide I might as well apply my makeup while I am in here.

There is a knock at the door, and suddenly, my stomach is overrun with butterflies.

"Come in." I say as naturally as I can.

Carter opens the door, stepping inside with a plate of muffins in his hand.

"Your cleaning lady made these..." His voice trails off as his eyes lift, taking me in in only my towel. Our eyes meet through the mirror, and we continue to stare at each other, neither of us saying anything.