21: Halloween Party

Jasmine

"Just a bit more to your left... Yes, perfect." I smiled at the decorators as they hung a huge, realistic looking black spider over the fireplace in our living room. A fake body wrapped in spiderweb silk was placed in the fireplace that was made to look like a dark cave. Being an artist has definitely come in handy today.

"Wow! That looks amazing." Kelly says from behind me.

She is the only person I would allow to come and help me set up. Carter offered, but after what happened between us last night, I feel really nervous whenever I am around him now. His smirks and over affection at school earlier today had me wanting to come undone. He has become so bold in such a short time that it scares me. How he went from the shy boy who blushed at the thought of intimacy only a week ago to the boy who pushed me over the edge just yesterday, I will never know.

"Thank you," I sigh, "I wasn't sure it was going to look realistic enough, but I am very proud of how it turned out."

"You're literally an artist Jasmine why wouldn't it have turned out?"

"Anyone can say they're an artist, Kelly." I shake my head at her.

"I know, but you actually ARE an artist." Her eyes scan over the giant spider in front of her, "a creepy talented one." She mumbles, and I laugh.

I continue to direct and assist the decorators along with Kelly for the next several hours until every room in the house that will be hosting the party is ready. Once we had finished and I completely satisfied with our work, I paid them and sent them on their way.

I had expected Carter to be here by now. He told me he would show up an hour before the party started. It is now a little past five o'clock, and he still isn't here. I am annoyed with how clingy he has made me, I even keep checking my phone for any new messages from him, but our last texts were sent at school.

I sigh, setting my thoughts aside about Carter, and head upstairs to my room to get ready. Kelly is already inside my walk-in closet, putting her costume on. People should start arriving around six, and the rest of my friends will be here before that, so I'm going to take this time to get my look exactly how I want it.

It is now five forty-five, and the caterers have just left. I had them make some spooky themed drinks, and the food I chose was simple. Pizza, burgers, fries, tacos. All mini little versions of themselves for people to take as much as they wanted.

I hear squeals as my girls come walking into the kitchen all dressed up in their Halloween costumes.

"Okay, slay, Red Riding Hood damn!" Bianca says as she eyes me up and down. "Who'd you get all fine for?"

"Nobody..." I spin around giving her the full look of my white mini dress with a black corset over it, and of course, my short red cape with the hood tied around my neck.

"Mhm, I know damn well it's for Carter."

"I get sexy for me and me alone." We both laugh at my lie.

" I don't," Kelly speaks up, "I did all of this for my Benny boo." She coos while
spinning around in her dead cheerleader outfit. Fake blood, and all.

"If you're planning on getting some tonight, all the bedrooms are locked." I smirk.

"Are you serious?" She whines.

"If I was Jas I would lock my doors too." Izzy speaks up. "I wouldn't want anyone's bodily fluids all over my bed."

Her and Bianca laugh. They both chose Disney Princess outfits, Bianca's being a sexy version of Princess Tiana and Izzy's being a sexy Mulan.