27 - Boyfriend?

I answered nothing. He walked over to me and sat next to me.

"June..." He started, grabbing my hands but I took my hands back.

"I never wanted you to think bad of me." Matt said and I nodded, not believing him.

"That woman, she's my cousin." Matt said and I looked down but I still didn't say anything.

"I asked her to help me." Matt said. "With what?" I whispered.

"I asked her to help me with..." Matt started. "With asking you to be my girlfriend." Matt finished and my face softened.

"That's why it were your favourite flowers, it were the same flowers I was gonna give you, these." Matt said, pulling out the same bouquet flowers as in the park, giving them to me.

I took them from him and looked up at him to see him already looking at me.

"Sorry Matt. I'm a person that doesn't trust people that much, I trust you, but after I saw that..." I mumbled.

I looked back down and a tear fell from my eye.

Matt put his hand on my cheek and looked at me, wiping the tear away.

"June, I'm sorry. I should've told you earlier." Matt mumbled.

"So... you were gonna ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked and Matt nodded.

"Now not anymore probably." I mumbled, looking back down but Matt still had his hand on my cheek and he lifted my head back up, looking at me and grabbing my other hand.

"June, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me, I could see he was nervous and anxious.

I looked in his eyes, making eye contact and smiling.

"Yes." I whispered and Matt's face brightened.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded. "Of course, I would love to be your girlfriend." I smiled.

He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back and we both smiled in the kiss.

We pulled back and looked at each other.

"Meve irl?" I asked. "Meve irl." Matt said.

He smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back and we stayed like that for a while.

After we pulled back Matt looked at me.

"You know what?" Matt asked and I shook my head. "Nevermind." Matt said.

"No Matt tell me please. You know you can say anything." I said.

"No, you'll get mad." Matt said. "At you? I could never." I smiled but stopped smiling when I realized he was serious.

"Promise?" He asked. "Promise." I said.

"I think I- I-" Matt stuttered. I grabbed his hands, looked in his eyes and nodded slightly.

"I think I love you." Matt mumbled quickly.

While I was thinking about it and realizing it's been everything I've ever dreamt about I stayed silent.

Maybe a little too long.

"Shit. Forget I told you that." Matt panicked, standing up and running to my bathroom.

"Oh no." I mumbled to myself before standing up and going to my bathroom.

"Matt let me in please." I yelled, banging against the door because he locked it.

*Matt's POV*

I just told Eve I love her. But she didn't answer, she probably hates me now.