~1~ 🤍

I walked into my bedroom after brushing my teeth, turned my lights out, then got into bed. I'd been tossing and turning for about half an hour, before I started crying. Not just because I couldn't sleep, but also because I missed my girlfriend so much.

I grabbed my phone, checking the time. 2:46am. I messaged her right before I tried to sleep just saying goodnight and stuff, but because it had been quite a while since then, I wasn't sure if she was still awake. I couldn't sleep without hearing her voice though, so I started to facetime her, hoping that she was still awake.

I turned my fairy lights back on, just in case she did pick up, stood my phone against a teddy bear that was on my bed, then closed my eyes. As soon as I heard the noise of my call being answered, my eyes shot open, seeing her looking at me whilst smiling. Her smile is so beautiful. Everything about her is so beautiful.

Tears fell out of my eyes as I whispered "I've missed your smile."

"Oh baby, you're crying? Whats going on?" she gently asked.

"I can't sleep, you've been gone too long" I sobbed in response.

To me, 'too long' was actually four days. It felt more like four years. But the problem was that both of us had been busy. We had planned something for the following evening, but that didn't really give us much time together.

"Shh honey, it's okay, I'm here. Just focus on my voice, okay? Tomorrow, how about you come to my house in the morning, and stay for a few nights? How does that sound?" She softly answered, calming me down.

"I thought you were busy though?" I frowned.

"I can cancel my plans for you, I prefer you over my plans my love."

"That sounds amazing, but you don't have to.."

"I want to."

"Hmmm okay, I'd love that, thank you. I love you so much." I sniffled, relaxing.

"I love you so so much." She smiled.

We stayed in comfortable silence for a few minutes, before I mumbled

"We can sleep on the phone, right?"

"Of course, I know it helps you sleep. Just listen to my voice and I'll talk about what I did today. Yeah?"

"I'm not tired nowwww, I wanna talk to you." I whined, my voice coming out raspy because secretly I was tired, but I didn't want to admit it. I just wanted to talk to her for a bit.

"Cmon honey, I know you're lying. I can tell you're sleepy, just listen to me talk to help you sleep, alright?"

"Fineee" I mumbled, slightly blushing.

As she began talking about her day, I slowly drifted off to sleep, relaxed and no longer crying.

okay im gonna leave this chapter here because i dont want to make it too long, but i can make a part two to this if people enjoy it because i have a fully written version in my notes!

i hope your day has been amazing, i love and care about you

im so sleepy rn and its only 6pm😭

~L