~24~🤍

I woke up terrified. I had a nightmare that had literally left me with tears streaming down my face and quiet sobs coming from my mouth.

What made it worse was that my girlfriend was in another room studying. Yes I may have gone to sleep on her chest about an hour ago, but she said that if I fell asleep then she was gonna go do some work because she needed to catch up on it.

I needed her so bad but I also didn't want to disturb her. My breathing wasn't calming down though. she was the only solution.

The bedroom door was still open slightly just in case I woke up, she didn't want me to be frightened waking up alone and completely in the dark too.

I honestly didn't even know if I could muster up the courage to speak, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to get out of bed without being scared, so if I wanted my girl, I had to shout for her.

"Baby?" I spoke, though I didn't think she heard me. Maybe she had her headphones on?

"Babyyyy?!?!" I was getting more panicked.

I yelled a few more times before coming to realise that she most definitely had her headphones on. My yells turned into quiet sobs, barely audible.

"Ba-by" My voice wobbled and was just a whisper, before I gave up trying to get her attention.

Eventually, my quiet sobs turned into loud ones, and I was on the verge of having a panic attack. The only thing I could think of doing was to facetime her. I knew she was the only one who could help me.

I felt around the bedside table and the floor, which had fallen off the bed in my sleep. I quickly scrolled through my recent calls, finding her contact and facetiming her with no hesitation.

Gf pov

I noticed my phone light up from beside me, which was strange because it was on so not disturb. That meant that it could've only been one person. My girlfriends contact was set to notify me even if my phone was on so not disturb in case she ever needs me.

I answered to call as fast as I could, and the first thing I heard was her sobs.

"Ba-byyyy?" Her voice was broken and tears were streaming down her face.

I rushed from the room I was in and into the bedroom as I turned the light on, ending the call on the way there.

"Hey baby? Shhh."

I sat down on the bed next to her, pulling her so that her head was on my chest.

Her body shook as she sobbed and sobbed for a long time. Neither of us said a word, I just sat there holding her and letting her get it all out before asking if she wanted to speak.

After a while, her sobs had calmed down and there were just tears running down her face.

"You wanna tell me what happened now sweet girl?" I moved a few stray hairs from her face and carefully wiped her tears with my thumbs.

She sat up, moving her head from my chest, and nodded.

"I- uh.. I had a nightmare." More tears came to her eyes, being reminded of what had happened.

"Oh baby," I frowned, "What was it about, hm? Take your time."

"Y-you left me for someone better. Someone prettier. That's what you told me in the dream." Her voice wobbled.

"I need you to know that I would never ever in a million years even think of doing that. You're so so perfect, you're beautiful, and in my eyes there is nobody prettier than you. There is nobody better than you. I just want you, okay?" I reassured her and looked at her as I gently spoke.

She put her head back against my chest and nodded.

"Shall we get you have to sleep so you're not too tired my love?" I quietly asked, taking my time with her.

"Can I sit on your lap while you study please?" Tears came back to her eyes, "I don't wanna be alone."

"Of course you can baby."

I carried her to the other room, and made sure she was comfortable on my lap before I continued to work.

She was straddling my lap with her head buried in my neck, arms around my waist to make sure I wasn't going anywhere.

And I would never leave her. Ever.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS KINDA CUTE??

IM SO SLEEPY RN LIKE WHEN IM TYPING THIS OUT😔😔

IM WATCHING ONE OF MY CHILDHOOD FAVOURITE MOVIES RN LIKE WHEN IM PUBLISHING THIS UGH I LOVE IT SO MUCH THEN IM GONNA WATCH ANOTHER ONE I LOVED WHEN I WAS YOUNGERRR

ANYWAY GOOD NIGHT, GOOD AFTERNOON OR GOOD MORNING FOR WHEREVER YOU ARE:)

~L