𝟘𝟜 || the first meet

Aera is very obsessed with her impression of others, she doesn't want her boyfriend to look bad in the eyes of Felix.

So she buyed him expensive clothing while paying her makeup artists to do Hyunjin makeup so he could look like he's a walking model.

Hyunjin:"I can't believe I am actually going to meet a stranger looking like this"

He was very uncomfortable in leather pants and tight boots, his nose got itchy from the amount of makeup on his face.

It's just a meet up with another guy.

"How can I help you?"

The hotel/restaurants receptionist asked Hyunjin who came from the front gates looking like a prince, the lady was about to melt in his handsomeness but she guarded her professional self for the sake of her job.

Hyunjin:"uhm yeah...I actually, well not me but someone else booked a table under the name Hyunjin and what was his name again uhhm Felix I think...? can I know where it is?"

She looked for the last revisions of booking on the computer, and it at the same table the previous pretty guy came for 10 minutes.

"Yes, this way sir"

She led Hyunjin to where their table is gonna be at while aining a lot of attention from other people that are present in the restaurant.

Hyunjin was so good to be true.

But he's oblivious and all he could think of and is giving a good impression on Felix.

Hyunjin:"he is already here?"

He saw belongings on top of the table and a jacket hugging the chair.

"Yeah, he arrived 10 minutes ago"

The receptionist said then left Hyunjin who took a seat on the table.

Hyunjin:"it the first date and he's already 10 minutes early, I bet he's a nerd"

He said his thoughts on Felix out loud while looking at the jacket on the chair in front of him. But soon enough Felix came from the restroom.

Felix:"sorry for making you wait!!!"

He stands in front of Hyunjin and bows, he knows that the swimmer is older than him.

Hyunjin watched how Felix sat on his chair and both were having eye contact.

Hyunjin:"woah... *fake cough* you're pretty for a guy"

Felix was used to people telling him that he's pretty, but it didn't affect him at all.

Felix:"thanks, and you're handsome"

Hyunjin knows by now that he's handsome but he never received such a compliment from a pretty/beautiful man before, so it kind of made him feel odd.

So he decided to change the topic.

Hyunjin:"are you really a teacher? You don't look like one?"

Hyunjin thought Felix was like a celebrity when he first saw him. He thought that maybe Aera lied when she said he was a teacher.

Felix:"yeah I am, I've been told that so many times"

Even being a teacher in his mid twenties, Felix takes care of his skin and maintains his health by going to the gym and doing a diet.

And most people think he's much younger than he looks.

Hyunjin:"how did you end up agreeing to meet up?"

He asked after 5 minutes of silence.

Felix:"my girlfriend made me and you?"

He didn't want the awkwardness to last long so he asked him back.

Hyunjin:"also my girlfriend"

There was another awkward silence.

Both start thinking of a good subject to talk about, but it's hard when they know nothing about each other.

Felix:"are you actually an Olympic swimmer?"

Looking at Hyunjin so far, Felix doesn't believe that this handsome man is actually a swimmer who still goes to college.

Hyunjin(annoyed):"don't I look like one?"

Even for his age, Hyunjin never thought that swimming needed a specific age or look for people to choose it as a career.

Felix actually panicked, he didn't mean to get Hyunjin mad at him.

Felix(panic):"I was just curious"

He low waved both of his hands afraid he would make a bad impression on Hyunjin.

But the swimmer only chuckled.

Hyunjin:"relax, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable"

Felix's tiff shoulders relaxed and he let out a relief sigh.

Felix:"you must like wine..."

He said after looking at Hyunjin take a big sip from his wine glass, like he's drinking soju, and it made Hyunjin cough.

Hyunjin(cough):"excuse me?"

He said putting the wine glass away.

Felix:"wine isn't some drink to drink in one sip...won't you get drunk with that?"

The teacher was actually worried for someone he met minutes ago.

Hyunjin:"I have a high tolerance but if I end up drunk, will you take care of me?"

He didn't know why he used a flirty tone, maybe he was drunk that made him want to hit his head into a wall after he said that but thankfully Felix didn't give that flirting any attention and rejected him immediately.

Felix:"isn't calling your girlfriend much better than me handling you"

Hyunjin chuckled because he was actually glad that Felix wasn't a girl who could fall for him so easily.

"Gentleman, sorry for keeping you waiting"

Their food finally arrived and both were able to be busy on their meat rather than talking in Intermittent conversations.

After they were both done, they walked out of the restaurant together and stopped when they reached Hyunjin's car that his girlfriend booked it for him.

Because he can't afford a car.

Hyunjin:"I was very awkward tonight, how about we reschedule another meet up"

Even if it was awkward and weird, Hyunjin really wanted to meet Felix again for unknown reasons.

And the teacher felt the same way for the swimmer.

Felix:"yes, let's meet up again..."

Both exchange numbers and say goodbye to each other at that very late hour.