Chapter 2: after all these years

Jules

~~~~~~~~

Me and my best friend walk out of the front office and she's hysterically laughing.

I turn to her and glare at her.

"What?" She laughs.

"We just got expelled, you idiot." I tell her.

She shrugs.

"Oh well." She smiles.

I groan.

"Where do we go now?" I ask.

"We'll figure it out." She says as she starts walking away.

I walk with her and glare at her.

"Oh cheer up, Jules. We're free from this hellhole." She smirks.

Norah Bartels. My best friend for the last 4 years, and let me tell you she was a hassle. She's always getting us into trouble, and it's not like she forces me to. I do it because it's funny. Like this time, we decided to mix a bunch of shit in Chemistry and the teacher found out right before it exploded everywhere. The sprinklers went off, it was not pretty. That was our third strike this year, the other 2 strikes are confidential but now we just got kicked out of college and we're only sophomores.

"My parents are gonna disown me." I groan.

"It's fine. Stay with my family." She says.

"Your parents hate me." I remind her.

"Oh yeah, but that's because they think you're a bad influence on me. But it's ok." She says.

I sigh as we make our way to our dorm. Once we get there, she's already eagerly packing her things.

"Why are you this excited?" I ask her.

"I hate it here, I'm glad we're out." She smiles as she stuffs her clothes into her suitcase.

I roll my eyes as I do the same.

"Oh my god!" She yells.

I jump as I turn around and look at her.

"What?" I yell.

"We can stay with my brother." She says.

I stare at her as she grabs her phone.

"He has a mansion." She tells me.

"Really?" I ask.

She nods.

"He stays with some of his teammates." She explains.

"We have to live with a bunch of hockey guys?" I ask.

"It's fine, I've met some of them. They're funny." She smiles.

I groan.

"Will he even let us stay with them?" I ask.

"Nope, but if we just show up at his door, homeless. He'll have no choice." She says.

I shrug, we had no choice.

~~~~~~~~

We pull up to the mansion. It's a literal mansion. Deadass. The drive was only 2 hours from school.

Norah quickly gets out of the car and goes running towards the door. I follow her up to the door as she rings the doorbell like 50 times.

I give her a pointed look and she laughs just before the door opens to reveal the most attractive man I've ever seen. He was standing there, he was tall, like really tall. His hair was dark brown and messy. He had a nice ass jawline, holy fuck.