Chapter 15: no one needs to know

Brennen

                                                            ~~~~~~~~

She was beautiful. I've never seen such a perfect creature in my life. How was she even real? How could it be? How is it even possible?
She laughs with Chris as they hang a pinata up to the ceiling. Her laugh was so contagious. I looked at her outfit and her hair, she was wearing a light purple, tight dress. She was wearing a white ribbon in her hair that tied up half of her hair and let the rest of it fall over her shoulders.

I wanted to pick her up and spin her around before kissing the shit out of her. I love her. I love her so much.

"Brennen, can you give me more tape?" She asks, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Oh yeah." I say.

I grab the tape off the table and walk over to her. I only had to use one crutch now, the doctors took off my massive cast and I just had a wrap around my knee, it was still kind of hard to bend it but I was making progress.

I hand her the tape and watch as she grabs a piece and hands it up to Chris who was standing on a ladder.

"What if he hits it too hard and it falls?" I ask as I look up Chris's really bad taping skills.

"Uh." Chris stutters.

"He's definitely knocking that shit down, he's a hockey player, Chris." Taylor laughs.

"It's fine, my amazing taping skills will keep it up." He says, proudly.

I chuckle.

"You wish." I sneer.

"Shut up, Brennen. At least I can walk." Chris says.

I take my free hand and shake the ladder he was standing on and he squeals like a girl.

"I'm sorry!" He yells.

Taylor laughs at us and I smile.

"That's what I thought." I say to Chris.

"Oh shit. Garrett's calling me." Taylor says.

"Go outside." Chris says.

Taylor runs out the backdoor and me and Chris finish hanging the pinata up.

He climbs down the ladder and I look around us. The decorations were pretty good, Chris got a unicorn pinata as a joke and we got cool balloon decorations and I got him a birthday satchel that said happy 40th birthday as a joke.

"Okay, he's almost here." Taylor says as she walks back inside.

"Everyone! Garrett Gray is on his way, so find good spots and turn that music down!" Chris yells.

The music turns off and everyone starts hiding. Lily and Norah run around and turn all the lights off and I find Taylor hiding by the staircase right by the door. I walk over to her and she smiles.

"You did pretty good, Tay-Tay." I whisper.

"Thank you." She says.

Everyone goes quiet when we hear the sound of a car pull in, I hear the door of the car slam shut. Then the sound of the key in the door is heard before the door opens. I see Garrett's faint silhouette in the doorway.

"Hello?" He calls before he turns the light on.

Everyone jumps out of their hiding spot and screams.

"Surprise!" We all yell.

He looks around and laughs. We all start cheering before the music turns back on and everyone starts partying again. I follow Taylor as she walks up to him, he smiles as he looks down at her.