Chapter 12: old married couple

Jules

~~~~~~~~

I take all the dirty dishes off the table and put them into the bin full of filthy plates and cups. Today was my first day working at The Grill and it was going pretty well. But that's only because the hockey crowd hasn't come in yet.

Taylor said that once they get here, I'll really get a run for my money. Once I collect all the dirty dishes, I make my way to the kitchen and place them into the sink.

I start to clean the dishes when I hear voices from the other side of the kitchen, where some of the workers were taking their break.

"Dude, I'm so sick of Garrett Gray. " One of the boys said.

I frown and try to hear more of the conversation.

"Tell me about it, he's such a whore." One of them chuckles.

"How did he even get a hot ass girlfriend like her?" another one says.

What the hell?
"She's probably only with him for his money, isn't his dad like a millionaire?"

"Yeah, but his father went to jail? Remember? He tried to kill Taylor."

Now, what the fuck?
"Why is she still with him then?"

"Because he's hot? I don't know. I'd kill to have her, man. Just to piss Gray off."

"I dare you to make out with her once the hockey team gets here."

I turn off the faucet and rush outside. The place was packed, I looked around the place trying to find Garrett.

I spotted him at a booth with a group of people, eating and drinking.

I walk over to them, "Garrett, I need to talk to you." I say once I get to them.

He frowns.

"Now?" He asks.

"Yes." I say.

He nods before getting up. I lead him outside and he frowns as he sees my worried look.

"You okay?" He asks.

"There were guys in the kitchen talking about you and Taylor. They were shit talking about you and talking about your dad. They said they were saying some dirty things about Taylor too." I explain.

His face changes, I could see anger fill him before he turns right back around and rushes inside.

"Who are they?" He asks.

I point one of them out and he doesn't waste a second. He walks up to them and punches one of them in the face. The place goes quiet.

I gasp as he continues to beat the shit out of him. All of a sudden, Taylor appears from the back and rushes over to her boyfriend.

"Garrett!" She yells.

Chris and Jake come over and pull Garrett away from the guy. I stood there in shock.

"Keep you big ass mouth shut or I'll make sure you fucking never breathe again." Garrett snaps.

Jake and Chris shove Garrett outside and me and Taylor follow them. We stood outside as Jake tried to calm down Garrett.

"Who does he think he is? Huh? Talking shit like that." Garrett says.

"How many fucking times do I have to tell about fucking fighting people?" Taylor yells at him.