Chapter 9: enough for her

Brennen

~~~~~~~~

We won. We won the game, thank god because I was not gonna want to deal with the coach's lecture. The locker room buzzed with excitement, Garrett loved that about winning games. I mean it was nice but I didn't find it as accelerating as he did.

After we walk out of the locker rooms, I see Tay-Tay standing there with a guy next to her. They were laughing and talking, I frowned as I watched them.

I look next to me and see Garrett standing there staring at them, you could see the jealousy in his eyes.

"Who's that?" I ask him.

"The bitch in her study group who has a crush on her." He says as he keeps his gaze on her.

"Ah." I say as I look back at them.

He says something to make her laugh again, he places his hand on her arm and says something again.

"That's it." Garrett says before he storms up to them.

I follow him and watch closely.

"There's my girl." He says as he throws her arm around her shoulder.

I watch as he grabs her chin and leans down and places a kiss on her lips.

He was making it clear that she was his.

"Garrett, this is Jason." Taylor says once they pull apart.

Garrett nods.

"Garrett Gray, her boyfriend." He declares.

Jason raises his eyebrows and nods.

I roll my eyes as I watch Garrett glare at Jason. He's so protective, it's annoying. He can't just call dibs on a chick like that. Well, I mean she is his girlfriend but whatever.

"Hey, Jason. You should come to the party at our place." I speak up.

Jason looks at me.

"What?" Garrett asks.

"Sure, are you gonna be there, Tay-Tay?" Jason says.

"Of course she'll be there, she's my girlfriend and I'm the captain of the hockey team. Also, only I can call her that." Garrett snaps.

Taylor places her hand on his chest and gives him a pointed look.

"Yes. I'll be there Jason." She smiles.

"Cool. See ya." He says before walking away.

I didn't know what I was trying to do, but I was sick of just watching Garrett and Taylor all over each other.

"Seriously?" Garrett asks Taylor.

"You're being dramatic." She says.

"Whatever." He says before walking off.

Taylor sighs before running after him.

Oh shit.

I wasn't trying to make them fight.

~~~~~~~~

The party was going great as always, everyone was having fun and it wasn't too crazy.

I was drunk, looking for Taylor. I couldn't find her anywhere and I was growing impatient. I wanted to talk to her, so badly.

I push through a bunch of people and make my way upstairs. I look through all the rooms until I hear yelling from the master room. I frown as I stumble over to the door. I place my ear up against the door and cover my other ear to block out the music from downstairs.