Chapter 20: too much.

Jules

~~~~~~~~

December 10th, 2023

My boyfriend is flying me home to see my mom. Garrett Gray asked me to be his girlfriend, he wants me to meet his parents and he wants to take me to see my mom. I've never been so thankful for someone before. This boy showed up into my life out of the blue and is changing it in so many ways. I was forever grateful to have him. We leave tomorrow morning back to Boston. I'm so excited. My feelings for him are growing stronger and stronger each day, each second spent with him.

Woah. He really cared. He loves her, more than anything. I was jealous. I wanted someone to love this way. The way Garrett loves Taylor. What if I never get that?

I sat on the couch of the living room and stared at the tv, I felt so alone. I felt incomplete, it was slowly eating at my insides. I didn't know what the hell I was doing with my life. It was just crumbling at my feet.

I get up and make my way upstairs to put away the journal. I walk into my room and throw it in the drawer of my nightstand before I fall back on the bed. I stare at the ceiling and groan.

There's a soft knock on my door so I sit up to see who it was. It was Norah.

"Hey." I say.

She walks over to me and sits down on the edge of the bed.

"You okay?" I ask.

"My parents found out I got expelled." She says.

"Oh god." I say.

She nods.

"They're so mad." She says.

"Norah." I whisper.

"I don't know what to do," She sighs, "They said that they're gonna talk to your parents too." She tells me.

I feel my heart drop.

"No." I say.

"I'm sorry, Jules. I didn't tell them that we both got expelled, the school did." She says.

I sigh.

"I'm so fucked." I say.

"I know." She says.

It falls silent as we both sit there, trying to figure out what the fuck we were gonna do.

"They're making me go back home." She says.

I look at her.

"What?" I ask.

"They're gonna put me in some community college, and I'll have to stay with them so they can make sure I get through school." She explains.

"You can't leave." I say.

"I don't have a choice, Jules." She says.

"Tell them no, you're an adult. They can't do that." I say.

"But it's the right thing to do. I need to finish school or I'll never survive in the world by myself." She tells me.

I stare at her.

"When will I see you?" I ask.

She shrugs.

"I'll come and visit when I can. For you and Brennen." she tells me.

I quickly pull her into a hug as I fight back tears.

"I'm gonna miss you." I say.

"I'm gonna miss you more." She says.