Exiled

"The board has come to a conclusion."

My palms sweat and worry fills me to my core. I stand at attention, my parents standing alongside me, this conclusion deciding if I am their son any longer. My little brother stands beside me, he is being punished the same for knowing and not speaking.

I look upon the messenger of the pack as he looks down at a piece of paper in his hands. He looks up at me with a disgusted face. The outcome was sealed. I pull Bae close and hold him to myself.

"Omega Nex and Omega Bae are hereby outlawed from Oakhill Reservation Pack, Nex being the main adversary, having relations with a visiting rouge, and Bae knowing and not relaying any information upon discovery.

You are both to fill up a single bag and exit the Pack border in an hour. If either of you fail to do so, you will be removed forcefully." My entire world crashes. My breath hitches as I feel my eyes burn and tears threaten to spill, blurring my vision.

I glance at my parents, seeing their disappointed, disgusted, and angered faces as they look at me and my smaller brother. How are they dragging him into this? He is barely fifteen years old. I swallow my hurt and turn, knowing we are no longer their children. 

I walk to our home and begin gathering my and Bae's things. I pause and look around at our once happy home, it feeling like it ended so long ago, when in reality it has only been a week. I close my eyes tightly not wanting tears to spill over. 

"Nex, where will we go?" Asks Bae in a small voice. I open my eyes and slightly look down at him. I bend down in front of him and cup his face. "I don't know...but I'll figure it out, okay?" I try to sound assuring and reliable. He nods hesitantly. 

"Go finish with your bag. Only clothes, if you can fit something else, then okay." He nods again and runs to his room. I grab the half-filled duffel bag and throw a handful of clothes in. I look around and decide to grab my favorite book, which is the last thing to fit.

I walk into Bae's room and see him zipping his bag up. He turns to me with an unsure expression. "Ready to go?" He nods slowly. I sigh. "We'll be okay. little brother. I'll make sure of it, I promise." He smiles a little. I return it. 

I begin walking to the front door, Bae following behind. I open the door, inhaling deeply. I look over my shoulder, Bae has a look of dread spread over his smaller features. "Let's do it." I simply state as I walk out over the threshold and into the familiar setting of the packed neighborhood. 

I grab Bae's hand and begin walking down the sidewalk. It'll be a 20-minute walk to the border. In this Pack, the Omegas live right by the border, the Unlabeled wolves or humans live closer to the core, the Betas live even closer, and the Alpha lives right in the center. 

We are divided based on rank and do not usually have contact with one another unless we have a Pack meeting. Which are very rare to have Omegas invited to. I've never seen any other Pack or read about their ways, I just know this one.

Bae taps my shoulder, not noticing where we wandered to, I look around. We are almost to the border, but one very bold obstacle stands between us and it. A group of Omegas with angered faces glared Bae and me down. 

I gulp, it seems to echo around us. I lean down to Bae quickly. "Listen, Bae. We are going to have to run. We need to leave the bags, it's the only way we'll make it." I say quickly. I don't want to scare him, but it's the only way.