AshFire

"Nex? Wake up, pup."

I open my eyes to be met with my mate. I sit up and yawn. I rub my face before looking at him again. "What is it?" I ask in a groggy voice. "We have news on your brother." He says. I feel my eyes widen. He's alive! They're alive! I told you they would be! Dom wipes my face with his thumb. I notice I am crying. Dom looks at me with a smile.

"He's with another pack. He's found his mate. That's where he's been up until now." Dom explains. "Okay, which pack?" He glances away with a sour look. "It's one of our...enemy packs. But he is safe and they will not harm him. You and I have permission to cross they're border and see him." He still hasn't said which pack. Yeah. Maybe there's a reason.

"Which pack?" I ask again. He presses his lips together. Why is he so reluctant to tell me? "It's...the AshFire Pack. Their Beta is your brother's mate." What? The rogue pack? They're not safe! We need to get them out of there! "And you s-said they're safe?" I ask. "Yes. He was treated and is living in their version of a pack house. They are both fine."

"Okay, when can we go?" I ask. "Today, if you want, and if not then we can go whenever you're ready." He explains. "Today." I'm sure. We will see them today. He smiles. "Alright, go get ready and we'll eat. Then we'll go." He says. I nod. I stand and go over to the closet.

Dom leaves the room and shuts the door on the way out. He is very trusting of going into this pack with just us. He might just be holding it together for us. He might be.

.  .  .

I sit in the passenger seat of Dom's car and look out the window ready to jump out as soon as we come to a stop. Bae and Kirin are alright...they're alive. I want to see them so badly. I want to hug them and never let them go again.

We have been driving for an hour now and should be arriving in the next thirty minutes. 

"Nex, calm down. I can feel the anxiety coming off of you."

"Sorry, I'm just excited."

"I know you are, I can't wait for you to see him again. But the stress all o this has been causing is not good for our pup."

Our pup.

My face widens in a smile. Our pup. He will raise it as his own. 

Another little while passes and we finally come to a stop. I feel my heart beat faster in anticipation. Dom turns off the car and gets out, I open the door and hop out too.

We walk up to the border patrol and state why we have come.

"Go on ahead. They have been expecting your arrival."

We do so and begin our walk to their pack house. We get close enough to see it and it looks exactly like our pack house, the only difference being the colors. We walk up to the doors and are let through by a guard. We are led up a few flights of stairs and to the pack meeting room.

The guard knocks on the door.

"Alpha, Beta, they are here."

"Send them in."