Rouge

I drop my bag and so does Bae.

I get into a running position, Bae copies me. The Omegas scream and growl at us, shaming us for how we have embarrassed them and disgraced the entire rank. 

Shift. Hurry, Nex. My wolf urges me before we are attacked. I listen and obey. I shift into my wolf form, letting Fern take over. He shakes our coat out, our auburn color present in the sun. I look over to Bae to see him also shifted into his wolf, Kirin. 

His coat is a dark brown. His eyes turn to me, showing off their icy blue shade, mine are golden, looking almost white. my natural color, from far away. Fern barks an order, telling him to run and don't look back. Worry about yourself before you worry about us. 

Before I can even say (or bark) another word, a sharp pain erupts from my ribs as I am thrown back harshly hitting a tree nearby. Four other Omega's are seen running toward me. Fern barks at Kirin and Bae to run. 

Fern gets up, whimpering and doing so. We begin to run, pain erupting through me as if I were on fire. We struggle as we worm around Omega's, both in wolf form and as humans. After being kicked, punched, and clawed all over, including over my left eye, we finally make it through the angered mob. We run and run, not stopping until we are sure no one is following.

That was too close. They almost had us. Agreed. Any sign of Bae and Kirin? There's a moment of silence. No. Not a trace. They might be headed toward Lucin Pack. That's the opposite direction. Yeah, right now we are headed to the Wolfshine Pack border. 

We begin going toward Lucin Pack. After a while, we stopped in the Durast Forest about five hours outside of Lucin Pack. The forest is rouge territory, it lies between each Pack boundary and is home to countless rouge's, their families, and their groups. It's getting dark now, Nex. We need to stop here and wait until morning before going into Pack boundaries.

Your right. We'll stop for the night, but we will get there in the morning. Agreed. We walk over to a fallen tree and curl up next to it, hiding under it slightly. We close our eyes and dose off for a few minutes. Their not dead. They can't be. So stop worrying.

I know. Apparently not because you won't sleep. It's not just that. Fern, we aren't safe here. And we were just exiled from our home, our family...because of that shithead rouge that wouldn't leave us alone. Of course, they believed him over us...just some stupid weak omega.

We aren't weak or stupid. We are strong and should be feared and respected. It wasn't our fault. Not mine, and not yours. I have nothing to say about that. I disagree. So let's just agree to disagree.

We attempt to sleep once more, this time being interrupted by an unwanted guest. The smell of death lingers off a moving body. A smell of pride and dominance sits with it as well. Our eyes snap open and we look around quickly. Where is it coming from? Do you see it? No. The forest is masking the location.

We quickly stand up to only be knocked back down again. What is an Oakhill Omega doing so far from home? It growls out, eyes a muddy brown color. The scent must still be lingering. Each Pack has a specific scent, and so do the rouges. We growl back, no words spoken. We open our jaws and bite down as hard as possible into the rouge's neck.

The rouge whines and whimpers, both in surprise and pain. We do not release it from our mouth. Let go mutt! He growls, clawing our back and our face. We cry out loudly as pain engulfs both locations. The claw mark already over our eye is made worse and the one on our back crosses over the earlier ones.

We release the rouge's neck but do not back down. He used to be an alpha. Great. Fern barks the words at him. You may be bigger, but we are stronger. The rouge laughs amused. An omega stronger than an alpha rouge? That may just be the funniest thing I've heard. Fern growls. Before I get a say in anything Fern does, he takes off running toward the rouge.