Mate

A loud growl erupts from my side.

I look up to see that my mate is responsible. I shrink and quickly look down. I wipe the tears on my cheeks with the sleeve of the hospital gown. I sigh quietly. "Please continue to the best of your ability." The Alpha says. Luna shushes Domonic. "I told Bae...my brother about it because no one else would believe me." I continue.

"The Alpha, Luna, Beta, and Gamma concluded that I was at fault and that Bae had a part because he knew about it. He's only fifteen..." I finish. I wipe the unshed tears from my eyes before they slip again. "Alright. Thank you for telling us. We will work on trying to find your brother for you." Alpha Alexander states.

I look over to him quickly. "Really...?" I mumble uncertainly. He smiles. "Yes." He replies. "We will be coming back sometime tomorrow. We have a meeting to attend." Alpha Alexander states with a soft smile. Luna Snow and Alpha Alexander leave the room, leaving only Domonic and I. 

He moves around the chairs and sits in the one closest to me. I continue looking down at my hands, trying to avoid the details that he needs to know. I hear him sigh heavily. I glance at him from the corner of my right eye, my left being bandaged up. "I am Domonic, and my wolf is Zek. I am very happy to meet you." He says with a very tender and soft smile.

I raise my head to look at him. I meet his gaze. His smile widens. I feel my face get a little hot as I look at him. He begins to reach up, slowly moving his hand to my face. He caresses my cheek and without meaning to I lean into it. He carefully rubs his thumb over my left bandaged eye.

"How did it get so bad?" He asks softly. I press my lips together. "...a rouge," I mumble. His face tenses, but almost immediately softens again. "Um...I can't feel it...so it doesn't hurt or anything." I explain trying to reassure him. He smiles again. "Good. You don't need to be in any more pain." He says softly. I feel myself smile back at him. Somehow, his smile gets even broader.

"Umm...there's something you need to know..." I mumble, looking away. He will think of us as disgusting and reject us. No, he won't. They will both understand. Fern reassures. I sigh heavily. Domonic pulls his hand away from my face. I glance up to see him listening intently. I quickly look back down. "Take your time." He states with an urging tone. I feel sweat along my forehead and my hands get clammy. 

"Jamie told me something earlier after he ran some tests..." I manage to say. Silence as Domonic and Zek wait to hear me continue. "I...I-I..." I tumble over my words. I feel tears brim my eyes once again. "I'm pregnant." I finally get out. I squeeze my one good eye shut and wait for him to say he rejects me. There is nothing. I get enough courage to look up at my mate. His face is blank and his eyes are bright red.

His entire body is tense and he has a domineering feeling around him. Zek must be in control. After a few moments, he sighs deeply. "I will leave it to you to decide what to do with the pup. If you want to keep it, I am fine with that." He says, his eyes going back to black and his features relaxing. I stare at him with one wide eye and look at him as if he'd just grown two heads.

He looks at me, waiting for a response. "C-can...can I hug you?" I ask, it comes out of my mouth without me meaning for it to. He looks taken aback for a second but he nods with a smile. He leans toward me and I wrap my arms around his neck and squeeze him tightly. He hugs me back, his arms around my waist, and careful of my injuries. 

"T-thank you..." I whimper out. "...for what?" He asks softly. "For n-not rejecting me." I stumble out, my voice cracking, but I manage to hold the tears back. "I will never reject you. Not now, not ever." He replies with a sense of passion behind his voice.