CHAPTER 1: YEARS BACK

"You can't do this to us!" he exclaimed, his voice cracking with emotion.

"I'm sorry, but it's already done, We're over, Denzel." I said

"But why? Our wedding is only a week away. After four years of courting, you can't do this to us."he pleaded, His eyes were wide and his hands were shaking. He looked so vulnerable in that moment, and I felt a twinge of guilt. But I had made up my mind.

I smiled and removed my sunglasses, revealing my cold, dark eyes. "I'm sorry, babe, but it's over. I've told you time and again that I don't believe in love or weddings."

"Then why did you date me? Why did you accept my proposal when I told you that I wanted to marry you?"

"I dated you for your money, And now I've achieved my goal, so we're over."

"You can't do this to me!" he cried, his voice breaking. "Please, I beg you. In the name of the love we share, please. I love you!"

"But I don't love you anymore, Denzel Washington, Please, just give up. Don't call me or text me. For your information, I've blocked your number and deleted it from my phone. I hope you can move on." With that, I turned and walked away

DENZEL P.O.V
I watched her walk away, my heart heavy with doubt and regret. Had I really just let the love of my life walk out the door?

Just then, I felt my heart stop beating. I collapsed to the ground, darkness closing in around me. The last thing I heard was people calling my name.

When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed, I had no idea what had happened, but I knew that my life would never be the same again.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice say. I turned to see my mother, Abigail, standing next to me.

"Mum, Where's Amelia? Where is she?"

"Denzel, She left you. She broke up with you. You need to move on and forget about her."

Her words hit me like a punch to the gut. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't know what to say. I felt numb, empty.

"No! She can't do this to me. This isn't right!" I yelled, my voice full of anguish

I tried to remove the IV drip and injections from my arm, but my sister, Snow, yelled at me.

"Stop this madness, Denzel! She's left you. She broke up with you. She's a gold digger, and you need to forget about her!"

I looked at her, my eyes blazing with anger and betrayal. I didn't know what to say or do. All I knew was that my world had just been turned upside down.

"What?" I said, the words echoing in my head. I felt myself start to black out. I could hear the doctors rushing towards me, their voices a blur. The last thing I remember was falling into a deep, dark void, where nothing made sense and I couldn't feel anything at all.

For a good year, I wasn't myself. I was a shell of the person I used to be. But my family never gave up on me. They helped me get back on my feet, piece by piece. They helped me remember who I was, what I loved, and what I wanted to do with my life. They were my rock, my support system, and I'll never be able to thank them enough for all that they did for me.

Slowly but surely, I started to feel like myself again. It was a long, hard road, but I was finally back.

"Bro, you need to give up on her, It's been a year. Please, move on and forget about her. Amelia broke up with you. You need to get over her."Snow said

I looked up at her, my eyes full of tears. I couldn't help but cry. "I can't, She was everything to me. I loved her so much. I don't know how to move on."

"Come on, brother, You're my big brother. You're the strong one. Don't cry like a baby, okay?"

I nodded, trying to keep my emotions in check. She was right. I was the strong one. I had to be. For her, for my family, for myself. I wiped away my tears and took a deep breath.

"I think it's time for me to forget about her," I said, wiping away my tears. I gave my sister a small smile, grateful for her support. "Yes, it's time to move on and leave Amelia Earhart in the past."

She gave me a hug, and I felt a sense of peace wash over me. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I was ready to start fresh, to start living again. I was ready to let go of the past and embrace the future...........