CHAPTER 21: HIS TOUCH

AMELIA P.O.V.
I looked up and saw Denzel holding his mother's hand

"Mom, that's enough" he said

"Let go, Denzel," Abigail said, trying to free her hand from his grip. "I need to slap this bitch."

"I said, that's enough!" Denzel shouted, his voice booming

Abigail flinched

"How dare you shout at me in front of this...this woman?" Abigail sputtered

"Mom, it's best if you go home and stop causing a scene in my company," Denzel said

"I'm not going home until you sack this...this girl!" Abigail demanded, pointing an accusatory finger at me

"Mom, this is my company and I have the right to hire and fire whoever I want,"

"You dare to go against me?" Abigail said

Denzel  snap his fingers, to his assistant, Francis. "Take my mother home."

He took my hand and led me to his office, ignoring the stares and whispers of the other staff members. It was clear that the drama was far from over,but I focused on following him and getting out of the situation We entered his office and he closed the door behind us.

Liam was in the library  watching Eve as she read. Steve came up behind him

"You like her, don't you?" he asked, a smile playing on his lips

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Liam responded, not taking his eyes off Eve

"Of course,But if you like her, why did you go for Snow then?"

"Eve asked me to," Liam said

Steve furrowed his brow"I don't understand, "

Liam sighed. "It's complicated when eve and Snow are still friends, Eve and I had developed feelings for each other and she knew Snow had feelings for me, too So she asked me to go for Snow, to spare her the heartbreak"

Steve was silent for a moment, his eyes fixed on Eve. Finally, he spoke "Do you think she likes you?" Steve asked

"Of course, Eve is still in love with me, and I love her."

Just then, Snow appeared in the doorway "What is this that I'm hearing? You love Eve?"

Liam hesitated, caught off guard by her sudden appearance. "Snow, it's not what you think."

"I heard what you said, Liam What is it that I'm not understanding?"

AMELIA P.O.V
"Are you all right?" he asked

I took a deep breath and nodded. "I'm okay,"

"I'm really sorry for what my mother did to you,I didn't expect her to go to such lengths."

"I understand where she's coming from,but I don't understand you."

He looked at me, his expression one of confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Why on earth did you save me from her? I thought you enjoyed watching me suffer."

He said nothing, just walked to the refrigerator and grabbed a bag of ice, placing it on my face I pushed him away.

"Just answer my damn question" I yelled

"I hate it when you're in pain or suffering," he yelled "It hurts me to see you like that."

I stared at him, my heart pounding in my chest. I wasn't sure what to say. He looked as if he was on the verge of tears.

"I don't understand you, We're not together, so why would you hate to see me in pain? Why?"

"Because I love you, Amelia,I'm still in love with you."

"You're crazy How can you be in love with me? I'm your ex"

"It doesn't matter,I've found my peace in you, Amelia. You are my peace and my joy"

"You're out of your mind, Do you even hear yourself? Have you forgotten who you're talking to?"

"Of course I sound crazy I am crazy. Madly, deeply completely, irretrievably, head-over-heels in love with you."

"I'm out of here" I said, scrambling to my feet. He grabbed my arm, pulling me back down and onto his lap "Are you nut?" I yelled

"I am going nut because I love you" he said as he lean forward to kiss me

"Don't do this," I said, trying to get up again. "We're in the office"

"This is my space," he said, holding me tightly. He leaned forward and kissed me I struggled against him, but his grip was too strong

As Francis entered, he broke the kiss and I scrambled to my feet Denzel held me tight, refusing to let me go.

"I'm so sorry, boss I didn't mean to interrupt."

"Get out!" Denzel growled, and Francis scurried out of the room.

"Let me go!" I demanded, struggling in Denzel's grip.

"I'm already enjoying this kiss your lip is delicious" he said, winking at me

He ran his thumb across my bottom lip I wanted to push him away, but his grip was too strong I surrendered to his kiss, though I refused to participate He locked his lips on mine, and I couldn't help but moan as he bit my lip I responded to his kiss, my head spinning as I gave in to his touch.

I felt his hand move slowly up my back, brushing my hair away from my neck. His hand lingered at the nape of my neck, and I shivered.

I started to enjoy the kiss Our lips fought for dominance, and I let him lead the kiss He gently laid me down on the couch, still kissing me, his hands exploring my body His touch was soft and tender, and I found myself giving in to him.............

Author note :
Na today single life pain me 😩😭