CHAPTER 7:YOU ARE LATE :

DENZEL P.O.V.
I was at home working on my laptop, my mind still reeling from the encounter with Amelia, when I remembered Amelia's tear-filled eyes. I shook my head and muttered, "that deserved her right."

Just then, my younger sister Snow walked into the room

"My favorite brother," she said, her eyes shining with affection.

" How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great, I just got back from the library, and I'm ready to relax for the rest of the day."

"I got a new secretary," I said, a little smile tugging at my lips.

"Wow, that's great! So, what's her name?"

"Amelia Earhart," I said, my smile fading as I said her name.

Snow's eyes widened. "Wait, you mean the Amelia Earhart? The same Amelia"

"Yes," I said, feeling a bit sheepish.

"Why on earth would you employ her after everything she did to you?" Snow asked

I took a deep breath. "I know what I'm doing this time around. I won't let myself be taken in by her again."

"But what if you do?, What if you end up falling for her all over again?"

"That won't happen, I've learned from my past mistakes, and I'm not going to let myself be manipulated by her again. I'm in control this time."

Snow gave me a skeptical look. "I hope you're right, but I'm not sure I believe you. I don't want to see you get hurt again."

I smiled at my sister. "I appreciate your concern, but I'm serious. I won't let this happen again."

AMELIA P.O.V 
I rushed into the company, my heart pounding in my chest. I was just about to sit down at my desk when Francis came running up to me.

"The boss wants to see you," he said, his face flushed.

I groaned. Not again. I wondered what Denzel wanted this time. I took a deep breath and headed to his office, knocking on the open door.

"Come in," his deep voice called out. I stepped into the room, trying to appear calm and collected.

"You wanted to see me?" I said, standing in front of his desk.

"Miss Amelia Earhart,You're late today."

"I was only a minute late," I said, trying to keep my voice level.

"No, you were supposed to report to work at 8:00 a.m. and you arrived at 8:30 a.m., That's a half hour late. Do you realize how this reflects on you and on the company?"

I swallowed hard, feeling like I was in trouble. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"Of course it won't, Because  5%  has been  deduced from your salary."

" but I just  apologize," I pleaded.

" That's not how I operate, apologies decline" he said

I felt my face flush with anger. "You're being unreasonable,  I just don't think I should be punished for such a small thing."

"Miss Amelia, Mind your words. Get out of my office."he said

I felt my heart pounding in my chest. I was shaking with anger and frustration. Without another word, I turned and left the office, the door slamming behind me.

"Gosh. If he keeps deducting from my salary, how am I going to pay my debt?" I muttered to myself......