CHAPTER 13:I DON'T WANT HER

AMELIA P.O.V.
After a long day, I finally made it home and collapsed onto my bed. I was exhausted. Just as I was drifting off to sleep, my phone started ringing. It was Diego. I groaned, but reluctantly answered the call.

"Hey there," he said.

"I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to our date," I said, feeling bad.

"It's no big deal, We can reschedule for another time. What's your schedule like next week?"

"I'm pretty open on Wednesday, How about you?"

"Wednesday works for me, Do you want to meet for lunch or dinner?"

"Dinner sounds great, How about we meet at 7:00 p.m. at La Trattoria?"

"That sounds perfect," he said.

Just as I was about to end the call, Eve burst into my room.
"I will call you back bye" I said as I end the call

"Can I come in?" she asked, peering at me from the doorway.

"Of course," I said, sighing. "What's up?"

She walked into the room and sat down on my bed"I'm sorry," she said, her voice quiet.

"What?" I asked, puzzled.

"I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you the other day, I was out of line." she said, her eyes downcast.

I was surprised by her apology, but I appreciated it. "Oh, it's nothing, I understand how you were feeling. I shouldn't have pushed you like that."

"I know I shouldn't have talked to you that way, You're my big sister, and I should have been more respectful."

"It's okay," I said, a warmth spreading through my chest. "I understand how you were feeling. Come here and give me a hug." She moved closer and wrapped her arms around me.

DENZEL P.O.V.
I was deep in concentration, typing away on my laptop, when there was a knock on my door.

"Sir, Miss Ivy is here to see you," the maid said, bowing her head slightly.

I raised an eyebrow.  Ivy? What could she want?
"Let her in," I said, reluctantly.

Ivy entered the room, her heels clicking on the hardwood floor. She smiled at me, her eyes glittering. As she moved to hug me, I instinctively took a step back.

"What do you want?" I asked, my tone sharp.

"Can't I at least give you a peck?" she asked, pouting.

I steeled myself, trying to keep my composure. "I told you...."

"But I'm your fiancée, I think I have the right to do whatever I want to you! or are you still in love with your ex"

"Ivy, You know I have no interest in this marriage arrangement. It's not personal, I just don't want to be married. And it has nothing to do with my ex."

"Then why are you avoiding me? You don't call me, you don't return my calls. Why?"

I could see the hurt in her eyes, but I didn't know what to say.

"You know what, I don't care what your reasons are,I'm going to meet with your parents and we're going to choose a wedding date."she said

"Don't do that, This is not the right time."

"Don't tell me what to do," she snapped. "Just keep your opinions to yourself."

I felt like I was going to explode. I wanted to scream, to tell her everything, but I knew I couldn't. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"Can you just give us some time before we choose a wedding date?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"Time?, Did you just say time? You've had plenty of time to make up your mind. Now I'm done waiting. I want to become Mrs. Washington, and I want it to happen as soon as possible."

I could feel my patience wearing thin. "I understand that you're frustrated, but this is not something we can rush," I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Don't tell me what to do,"

"Ivy, wait," I said, reaching out a hand.

"I'm done waiting," she said, not even turning around to look at me. "Just prepare for our wedding. I'll see you later." With that, she walked away, leaving me standing alone in the hallway.

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. Just then, my phone rang,

"Hey, my favorite brother!" snow said, her voice full of excitement.

"Hi, sis," I said, a smile coming to my face. Snow always knew how to brighten my day.

"Congratulations!" she yelled, so loud I had to hold the phone away from my ear.

"For what?" I asked, a bit confused.

"Ivy's parents already picked a day for your wedding!"

"What?" I stammered, my phone slipping from my hand.

"I don't want to marry Ivy," I said to myself, my voice barely a whisper........