CHAPTER 22: WHAT DID SHE WANT

Liam ran after Snow he called out, but she didn't stop

"Wait!" Liam yelled but Snow kept walking

"Don't tell me to wait you cheap bastard" she yelled back

"I know you're angry but you need to listen to me first" Liam pleaded

"What could you possibly have to say?" Snow asked

Liam took a deep breath. "Please, just listen,"

Snow turned to face him, arms crossed over her chest "Fine What is it?"

"What you heard earlier is true" Liam said

"You must be joking, How can you be in love with Eve? This must be some kind of sick joke"

"It's not a joke I'm serious I love Eve"

"Why did you ask me out first? Why did you play with my heart like that?"

"Eve asked me to,When she found out that you were in love with me, she asked me to go for you I didn't want to, but she said she just wanted you to be happy I never meant to hurt you, Snow"

DENZEL WASHINGTON P.O.V.
I was sitting in my room, lost in thought about the kiss I'd shared with Amelia earlier that day The door suddenly burst open, and Ivy stood in the doorway

"You should learn to knock!" I snapped, hurriedly pulling my shirt on

"Don't you think we need to talk?" she asked

I sighed. "What could we possibly have to talk about?"

Ivy stepped further into the room, closing the door behind her She looked at me"You owe me an apology!"

"For what? Last time I checked, I didn't owe you anything."

"Of course you do, Denzel For hurting me, for lying to me, for stringing me along for all this time"

"I don't understand how I hurt you,"

"You kissed your ex, and I'm your fiancée!"

"point of Correction You are not my fiancée, And I never asked you out It's you who is pursuing me."

"But we're dating"

"Dating is a mutual thing I never agreed to date you, so how can we be dating?"

"Denzel, why are you doing this to me?"

"You're the one hurting yourself You can read the writing on the wall I don't love you, Ivy Let's continue to be friends, but marriage won't work It's not what I want"

"But I love you!" she said tears welling up in her eyes. "How can you not love me back?"

"But I don't have any feelings to love you back," I said, taking a step back to create some space between us "Please don't touch me."

"But you allowed your ex to touch you, and even to kiss you!" she yelled

"That's different, Her touch is different. It makes me feel... satisfied." I struggled to find the right words. "Safe."

"You're saying I don't make you feel safe?"

"You get it, right? I don't feel happy around you. I feel... disgusted."

She wiped away her tears, her eyes red and puffy. She looked at me "I don't care anymore,I'm going ahead with the wedding."

"You know the story of the bride who abandoned her groom at the altar? I can make that story come true"

"Go ahead, I dare you"

"I should go ahead, right? You know it'll ruin your career. The headlines will read 'Actress Ivy abandoned at the altar by so-called man who doesn't love her' Do you really want that?"

AMELIA P.O.V.
"You mean you kissed him?" Sophia asked

I nodded"Yes, I did."

"Oh my god, Amelia You're such a badass!"

I laughed, shaking my head. "I tried to stop him, but I couldn't I miss him, Sophia"

"I think I get it now,Are you still in love with your ex?"

I hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "I still love Denzel, but..."

"But what?" she prompted her eyes fixed on mine

"But he's getting married I don't want to destroy that. Ivy is a really good person She's waited for him for three years I can't do that to her"

"So, what are you going to do? You can't stay at the company if you don't want to ruin his relationship with Ivy It's clear he's in love with you."

"I know But I need to pay off my debts I can't just quit."

"Eve rushed in "Guess who's here?"

"Who?" I asked

Eve stepped aside, revealing Abigail Denzel's mother  standing in the doorway "Can we talk?"

I swallowed hard What could she want? I wondered...........