CHAPTER 11:TRAPPED:

AMELIA P.O.V.
"Amelia!" he yelled, and I rushed to his office

"You called for me?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"You spilled coffee on me, and you didn't even apologize,"

"It was a mistake," I insisted.

"A mistake?" he asked, his voice cold.

"Yes, a mistake,"

"Then 5% of your salary will be deducted," he said, his tone final.

"No!, You can't do that! I already apologized, what else do you want?" I was angry and hurt, and I couldn't keep my cool any longer.

"2% has been deducted," he said

"Why?" I asked, trying to keep my temper in check.

"Because you just yelled at me,Now get out of my office."

I was shocked and hurt by his words. I had apologized, and yet he was still punishing me. I turned to leave, my heart heavy with disappointment.

••••••••••
"You mean he kissed you?" Anne asked, her eyes wide with surprise.

"I'm telling you, he kissed me and even touched me for the first time," Ivy said.

"Wow, that's great news, I'm so happy for you."

"Yes, I'm happy that he's finally falling for me," Ivy said, a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Oh, you're definitely irresistible," Anne said, teasing her friend.

But then Ivy's smile faded. "But I'm scared,"

"Why?"

"That his ex may  come back" ivy said

"No way, not after what she did to him, He's finally moving on and finding happiness with you. I don't think he wants anything to do with her anymore."

"But to me, it seems like Denzel is still in love with her,What if he realizes that and decides to go back to her?"

AMELIA P.O.V. 
"I didn't expect to see you here," I said, a little surprised.

"That's because I missed you and I needed to see your face," Diego said,

"Aww, that's so sweet," I said, blushing a little. "But I'm still at work." I was flattered by his words, but I had to remind him that I was on the clock.

"Then I'll wait until you finish," he said, not moving from his spot.

"No, you can't do that, My boss might fire me if he sees you here."

"When can we meet again, then?"

"Tomorrow, I have a little time at work, so we can meet up then, As soon as I finish, I'll come to your place."

"Promise?" he asked

"I promise," I said, holding up my pinky finger. He took it and linked his pinky with mine, sealing the deal.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then, I love you."

"I love you too," I said, leaning in to kiss him on the lips. He smiled and gave me one last look before getting into his car and driving away.

I turned around, and there was Denzel, standing right behind me.

"Gosh, you scared me!" I said, my heart racing.

"Another victim, right?" he said, a sly grin on his face.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, my brow furrowed in confusion.

"Did he know that you're a gold digger?" he asked,I felt my blood run cold.

"Denzel, not today, please," I said, feeling my patience wearing thin.

"Amelia, I'm your boss, and you should show me some respect,And did you really think I would let you have a happy relationship? Never."

"What do you want from me?" I yelled, my voice shaking with anger.

"What I want, is to destroy you. I don't want you to have a happy life, not after what you did to me. I will make you pay, Amelia. Mark my words." With that, he turned and walked away, leaving me stunned and shaking. I couldn't believe what he had just said.

I felt like my world was falling apart. I had never imagined that he could be so cruel. I felt like I was trapped, with no way out.....