Chapter 9: Trying to Keep Up

After quite a few days since the ninjas last fight, it's another sunny day at the Monastery of Spinjitzu. Wu is meditating in his bedroom, hoping for another peaceful day, without any serious problem.

He can hear sounds that resemble a fight outside his room. "Good." He thinks. His pupils are taking this peaceful days to hone their skills, as they should.

The old Man can hear Nya's Voice outside. "Fire strike! Oh, my gosh, is that the greatest move you've ever seen?" She sounds excited.

"Stop trying to do everything by yourself. We need to attack as a team." Cole shouts to her.

"I should have a look on how they are doing." Wu mumbles to himself. He gets up, pick his staff and walks outside. The old man make his way to the training compound and finds that none of the ninja are training there. Surprised, he notices that he can still hear them.

"Zane, why are you wasting your special attack on me? You have to save it." Jay groans. The sounds seems to come from a different room.

Wu follow the group voices and enters in one of the room. Inside are Nya, Jay, Zane and Cole playing a video game on their television.

No, no, no, no!" Jay shouts. He just lost the game. "Great! Fantastic, I'm out of lives!" He says, with a irritaded expression.

"But the lesson lives on." Zane says, trying to confort his friend. "Oh, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Hee-yah!" He says, with a sweet smile.

"Okay, time to finish this Guy." Cole says, smirking. As the ninja continue with their game, Wu gives a deep sigh unplugs the television.

"Woah! What's going on?!" Nya speaks, shocked.

"Aw, man!" Cole says, throwing his controller in the floor. "It took us three hours to get there!"

"What? What happened?" Jay meddles in, looking at the black screen, then to Wu, holding the plug and tossing it aside. "Why would you do that? Why?"

"Just because Lord Garmadon escaped through a vortex doesn't mean he won't return one day for the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu." Their master speak, angry.

"But Master Wu, ever since he's been gone, Ninjago has had nothing but peace." Zane explains with a confused expression.

"Yeah, peace is boring." Nya grunts. "We are ninja's, but there's no one to save, there's nothing to do. Nothing."

"We can train tomorrow." Cole says, laying on the floor.

Wu deeply sighs. "Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today." He speaks, dissapointed.

"Well, I was gonna eat this pizza tomorrow, so if that's the case..." Jay says, joking around and picking a slice. Wu kicks the food out his hand, falling on the floor. "Ow! Hey!"

"No pizza for you! In order to reach your full potential, you must train." The old man master points his staff to each of them.

"Uh, remember when we did a little thing called the Tornado of Creation? I thought that was pretty insane." Nya says, smirking confident.

"Oh. You four have merely scratched the surface of your full potential." Wu shakes his head. "There are still so many secrets you have yet to unlock. You haven't even begun to tap into what powers your golden weapons hold." He looks at the Sword of Fire, heating up a pizza slice. He looks at the girl with a disapproval look

"Uh... sorry." She takes the food away, a little ashamed.

"You wanna talk about secret powers? Check this out." Cole says, using his Scythe to plug back the television so that the ninja can resume their game.