Chapter 30: Remorse

"Who are you?" A familiar voice asked.

"I am...Zane." The boy answered.

"The elemental power... It is inside us!" Snow was flying around him.

"Permission to scan?" A beautiful pair of green eyes appeared.

"Are we...compatible now?" The sound of machines working surrounded him.

"Sorry, Mr. Tin Man!" Someone mocked him.

"Didn't you told me you fixed his voice...?" That voice... Belonged to Nya.

"I can't see to be able to contact him..." A voice hesitated.

"Pixal...?" The voice hesitated again.

"Are you the Quiet One?!" Motorcycles were raging.

"WITH YOU STILL AROUND, WHAT PURPOSE DO I HAVE?" Someone yelled. He felt that voice was so full of anger...

"That's not a normal baby..."

"Obviously you understand, you are programmed to be logical." That voice... That voice belonged to Garmadon.

Suddendly a pair of red glowing eyes appeared in front of him. He didn't recognized the voice that came out.

"Where is the Treacherous Deceiver?"

"AAAAH!!!" Zane yelled, shaking so much that he fell from his bed. Thankfully the boy slept at the lower bed from the bunk he divided with Nya, or else he would've got seriously hurt.

That didn't stopped him from walking everyone up, however.

"Whoa! What?!" Jay yelped, scared.

"What happened?" Nya asked, still a bit dazzy.

"Uh oh. Zane!" Cole said, getting down from his bed. However, Nya got to the blonde first.

"Is everything alright?" She asked, helping him get up.

"I...suppose so." Zane replied, massaging his head. "I think I had a really bad dream."

"Please tell me this won't happen every time you have a bad dream..." Jay grunted.

"Look who's talking, the guy that needs a plushie to sleep with him every time je has a nightmare." Cole joked at him.

"Hey, leave Mr. Cuddlywomp out of this." The ginger hugged the plushy that was besides his bed.

"What time is it, anyway?" Nya asked, looking at their clock. The hands were marking 7:30. "Huh? That's strange..." She faced the others. "Normally Master Wu wakes us up before that."

"Maybe he's giving us a break after everything we've been trough." Jay yawned.

Zane slowly blinked. "I sense...sorrow." He said. "He may not show us, but Master Wu is gravely concerned about Lloyd's situation.

It has been two days since Lloyd got kidnapped by the Serpentine, and the Ninja didn't managed to make a move to save the boy.

Nya sighed, remorseful. She never felt like that before, aside from when she lived with Kai. She knew that it was because of her that the snakes had their hands on Lloyd now. If she wasn't so focused on finding the Samurai, maybe nothing of this would have happened.

The Samurai... She still couldn't believe that he was Kai all along. Not that Nya didn't believed in her brother's strenght, but she never thought he could possibly think that she saw him on a lower level.