Chapter 26: Reunion at the Sewers

It's nighttime at the Destiny's Bounty. Inside, the Ninja are gathered at the dinner table, sharing with Wu, Kai and Lloyd about the events of the day.

"So then, just when it looked it was the end of the line for us, that warrior or soldier-" Nya said, anxious.

"By his looks, I believe it was a samurai." Zane cut her off, pondering more than himself than the others.

"A Sama-what?" Lloyd asked, confused.

"Samurai." Wu turned at his nephew looking at him with patience. "The highest level of warrior class. They would protect nobility and serve with honor on the battlefield."

"Pfft! Nobility, sure." Nya mocked, annoyed.

"Whoa. What was that?" Kai looked at her.

"I don't know!" The red ninja exclaimed. "It's just... Something's feel fishy about that guy. Something I'm not sure yet..."

"He was a hundred feet high, with weapons coming out every part of him!" Jay shouted, almost falling from his chair. Cole helps him regain his balance.
"Whooa... Cole, look at Master's beard. It's moving like snakes." He tried to whisper, but his voice came out loud anyway. Everyone sighed.

"When is this Venomari spit supposed to wear off?" Nya looks at the blue ninja, annoyed. "This is starting to get on my nerves."

"Okay, let's not let this Samurai... or Jay distract us from what really matters." Cole crossed his arms. "All the Serpentine are out, and if Pythor can unite them, apparently some 'Great Devourer' is gonna consume the all the land and-"

"You said 'Great Devourer'?!" Wu became more pale than his beard, and began stroking it nervously.

"'Great Devourer'? I never heard about that before." Kai said, with uncertain in his eyes.

"Whatever it is, it's a can of worms I don't wanna see open." The black ninja shook his head.

"Unh, it's all my fault." Lloyd looked away from the others, troubled. "If I hadn't opened the first hatch, none of this would've happened."

"Hey, take it easy." Kai put a hand on the kid's shoulder. "Remember what we talked we talked before? Don't put that pressure on yourself."

"Kai is right." Wu nodded. "We cannot change the past, but we can affect the future." He looked at his pupils. "As long we have the Sacred Flute in our possession, we can-"

"About that..." Nya said, remorseful. "We're sorry for bringing you more bad news, Master, but..."

"Pythor... sort of stole it." Zane finished her sentence, guilt filled in his eyes. "I wish I could have done more to stop him."

"The last Sacred Flute, gone?" Wu said, shocked. He kept quiet for a few seconds before sighing. "I suppose you four are Ninjago's last hope now."

"We promise not to dissapoint you again, Master Wu." Cole said, nodding in a respect manner.

"I sure hope so." Wu said, worried. "Our threats are just getting bigger and bigger." He sighed. "But for now, we should all rest. Until we manage to localize the snakes, we have to pray that they not unite that soon."

He leaves the table quite fast, retiring to his room.

"That was a little harsh." Nya commented, with a suspicious look.

"Does Master seemed troubled to anyone?" Zane asked. "I sense that he heard something that he really wasn't expecting to hear."

"I don't know, maybe the eminent destruction of all of Ninjago can be a big deal." Cole snarked.