Chapter 29: Confrontation at the Desert

At that same night, the Destiny's Bounty make its flight trough the sky.

Inside, Nya sits alone on the table of the bridge, sighing deeply. It's clear that she was exhausted from all her lookout troughout the day.

"Uh, hey." A voice comes from the door. It was Jay, smiling awkwardly at her. "Soo, how's it going?" He walks, sitting on the table too.

"Ugh... Just a waste of time." The girl shrugged. "I looked everywhere, but it doesn't seem like that guy comes from the city."

"You know, maybe you're stressing too much over all of this Samurai stuff..." Jay stroked his hair. "Like... Even I hate his guts, but looking for him was the only thing you did today."

"Easy for you to say." The girl pounted. "It wasn't your hard work that was stolen from you!"

Jay got a little taken aback by her burst, a hint of hurt in his eyes.

"Sorry about that." Nya said. "It's just...I feel like there is so much happening lately! The snakes, Lloyd is testing my nerves, and Kai keeps avoiding everyone!" She waves her hands at the ceiling.

"Oh, uh..." Jay doesn't really know what to say, but he agreed that the red ninja's plate was more than full. "Who cares about Lloyd or Kai anyway? They are just being their normal whiny-"

"I care about Kai." Nya looked at him, displeased. "He is being distant from us since we moved out to the Bounty, I know that." She said, desperate. "I want to understand what is going on. I can't seen to have time to check on him, and I don't even know how much he has been ea-" She pauses, nervous. "You know what? Never mind."

"Yeah, maybe we are overworking ourselves lately..." Jay starts, hoping to don't say anything that could make Nya annoyed again. He thinks for a moment. "Oh, I know we can do!" He grinned at the red ninja. "Since looks like the snakes are chilling down for now, maybe we could...I don't know, take a day off too!"

"What, like take a day to chill out?" The girl gave him a strange look.

"Yeah!" He nodded. "This way we could relax a little, work around whatever is happening between everyone..." He nervously moved his hand a little closer to hers. "...and...maybe we could-"

"Please, settle down, Kai." A voice came from the bridge's entrance, cutting off the pair's conversation. Soon Wu and Kai entered the room. Kai looked really disturbed, while Wu seemed to have a small hint of worry on his face.

"Uh, what happened?" Nya slowly asked, feeling that they were going to have bad news soon.

"Have any of you guys seem Lloyd?" Kai cutted to the chase. "I can't see to find him anywhere!"

"Oh, that..." Nya sighed. She knew there was no good way to talk about this, so she decided to be straight. "We kind of had a fight, so I dropped him in an Arcade at Ninjago City."

"You what?" Both of them said, shocked.

"He-he-hey!" Jay meddled in. "But don't worry, right after that she called Cole and asked for him to go after the pipsqueak!"

"Oh, yeah?" Kai gave them a suspicious look. "Then why aren't any of them here yet?"

"Maybe...they found something to do outside?" Jay nervously said.

"Excuse me." Zane said, suddendly entering the bridge. "Can someone please drop the anchor? I saw Cole's Bug on the ground below us."

"Leave it to me." Nya said, quickly going towards the lever and pulling it down.

"See? Just like I told you." Jay smirked awkwardly.

"I don't have that much confidence." Wu spoke, tense. "Cole is the type of person that attends to others requests fully."