hopefully

branch's pov:

my body ached with pain. and i was so, so, dizzy. being shook around in a bottle all day was no easy task. however, it was necessary if i wanted to keep my brothers and girlfriend safe.

that was the only selfless thought i'd had in a while, which was very enlightening. i'd become acceptant of my selfishness. i can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. but it's a thing alright.

"ugh my hand is getting tired. your turn veneer." velvet complained before tossing the bottle over to her brother.

veneer rolled his eyes slightly before giving the bottle a light shake, not nearly as hard as velvet had.

velvet shook her head disapprovingly. "you've got to shake it harder if your ever going to make him talk."

veneer did as told and shook me up and down just like velvet had done.

"now you're going to-" he began to speak before i cut in sharply.

"fine, fine, i'll tell you where they are!!" i announced finally, crossing my arms reluctantly.

both veneer and velvet gave each other happy smirks before turning their heads to me.

i had no real intention of telling them where troll village was. i was going to lead them in a random direction so that i had time to text my brothers (which i realized i should have done way sooner!!) before giving away the real location.

i pointed out a random path hesitantly, ensuring that i was believable. "over there."

"looks like tough guy isn't so tough after all." velvet teased, shaking the bottle once more before stuffing me in her pocket.

that comment really bothered me, but what was i supposed to do?

once i was sure they couldn't see me anymore, i whipped my phone out and immediately texted the bro zone group chat. (yes.. we have one.):

branch: anyone there?

floyd: BRANCH????

bruce: where are you????????????

floyd: we've been looking for you!!!

clay: huh?

branch: no time to explain. velvet and veneer are on their way to troll village. get everyone somewhere safe now.

clay: BRANCH!?

floyd: but where are you???

john dory: did somebody say branch??

john dory: OH!!

branch (reply to floyd): velvet's pocket.

clay: WHAT??!!?

branch: stop texting me!! get everyone to safety now!!

clay started typing before stopping. the whole group chat went silent.

hopefully by the time velvet and veneer realized they had been mislead, all the trolls would be safe and sound in my bunker.

i say hopefully, because that's definitely not what happened.

bruce's pov:

me and my brothers all gathered around each other excitedly once we got that text from branch. we were all still in the forest searching for clues when we were interrupted.

but that excitement was short lived when he started talking about velvet and veneer.

"we've got to get to troll village!!" clay ordered urgently.