hopeless

branch's pov:

i stood still, hoping she'd just go away.

"branch i know your in there." jules said more firmly this time.

i still stayed silent.

she let out a sigh before swinging the door open and stepping inside. she closed the door behind her.

and locked it.

"you look like you've seen a ghost." she scoffed.

i didn't respond.

she moved in closer.

"you know a little secret of mine.. don't you?" she whispered while placing a hand on my thigh.

i shifted uncomfortably but her hand stayed firmly.

"it would be better if you kept your mouth shut." she growled; tightening her grip on my thigh.

i whined in pain but still didn't respond.

i knew it!!

i stared at the wall, avoiding her gaze.

"look at me when i'm speaking to you." she commanded before using her hair to turn my head upwards.

"what do you want." i grumbled finally.

"he speaks!!" she scoffed.

i rolled my eyes in response; now unwilling to speak again.

once she realized i wasn't going to respond she spoke up once more.

"you've got a bunch of pills. you wouldn't mind sharing some, would you?" she smirked.

"but poppy trusts me to take them.." i trailed off.

her eyes turned back to me sharply. "did i stutter? you know.. it would be such a shame if john dory were to go missing. wouldn't it?"

i see what she was doing.

i wanted to smack her in the face right then and there. but how would i explain that to my brothers?? they'll think i'm crazy. well, not that it'll make a difference. but if they think i'll get violent with them too then thats a whole new problem to worry about. so i guess it was better to let it go for now.

"fine, fine whatever. take the pills. just leave him alone." i crossed my arms.

"good boy."

she picked up one of my pill bottles and turned it upside down; dumping about half of it into her hand.

"don't call me that." i growled.

she raised an eyebrow. "i'll call you what i want."

before i could answer she slipped out of the room and disappeared into the hallway.

i never should have trusted her. now i'm trapped and i don't know what to do.

one wrong move and she'll kill john dory. i definitely wouldn't put it past her.

all because of something that happened years ago? how stupid!!

well.. i guess it wasn't that stupid. i hold grudges too. i'm still mad at my brothers for leaving me. i'm still mad at creek for betraying us. i'm even a little mad at grandma for saving me that one day.

i should've been the one eaten by the bergen.

i shook my head rapidly; attempting to get rid of all these bad thoughts.

when that didn't work i got up from where i was and headed to the kitchen for a glass of water.

the kitchen is open; meaning that there's no walls blocking it off from other rooms. so across from the kitchen you can see the living room.

in the living room john and jules were sitting next to each other. john's arms were wrapped around her shoulders. i swear that made my blood boil.

she didn't like him one bit. you could almost see the disgust on her face. she was only using him to her advantage. and i really wish i could do something about it. but i was helpless.

helpless.

i hate that word.

i snapped awake when john called out to me.

"you just gonna' stare at us?" he chuckled.

"oh- uhh.. sorry!! i zoned out there." i stuttered while scratching the back of my neck.

he nodded his head and returned to the movie playing on the tv; how the troll stole christmas. it's a true classic.

jules wasn't paying any attention to the tv. instead she was staring at me, giving me all sorts of looks.

i shuddered and turned around to do what i came here to do; get water.

i shakily filled up a glass and poured that stuff down my throat.

i slammed it onto the counter which caused john to jump up.

"sorry!!" i exclaimed awkwardly as i ran over to the elevator.

"hey!! where are you go-" john dory started but it was too late.

the lever had already been pulled, and i was heading straight to the outside world.

i needed air. more importantly, i needed poppy.

if anyone would understand me it would be her. no doubt about that.

so i scurried over to her pod, fully expecting viva to be there.

and i was right. when poppy swung the door open viva was behind her working on a scrapbook.

"what's up branch?" she asked cheerily.

"i need to talk to you." i mumbled. "alone."

she nodded her head; confused, before ushering viva out of her pod so me and her could talk.

"what's wrong?" she asked.

her eyes were filled with worry. that's the look she gave me almost all the time. i'm always worrying her.

i sighed before starting. "it's about jules- i think.."

i stopped myself. how do i say this without sounding crazy? theres no way.

poppy looked at me understandingly; which gave me courage to continue.

"i guess you could say we have a past together?? and she's holding a huge grudge.. but it happened years ago!! which is totally unfair! and now she's using my brothers to take advantage of me. and john dory.. she doesn't like him and-" i was cut off by poppy who jumped into my arms, giving me a hug.

"i could tell something was off about her." she mumbled.

i felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. she believed me!! someone believed me!!

"but uhm.. branch. are you.. on your pills?"

never mind.

thats the end!! i got some huge ideas for the future of this story and ik exactly how it will end!! :)