zap

branch's pov:

i got off the stage and began walking back to my seat.

i wish someone would have said something. there was just complete silence. it was so awkward.. but i guess there really wasn't anything to say.

i paused at my seat.

no.. i need to go.

i turned around, not uttering a single word.

"branch.." poppy mumbled but she didn't get up.

i continued walking away.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
eventually i was out of sight and back at troll village. i wonder what they were doing right now. probably going off as if nothing happened.

that makes me mad. but it shouldn't. i should be thinking of my brother. but again (like always) i'm thinking of myself. some things just never get old.

i stopped suddenly and sat on a nearby bench. i didn't really think this all through.. i don't really have anywhere else to be. but i certainly wasn't going back to that funeral.

oh wait.

jules execution is today.

i wouldn't want to miss that!!

this news got me in a pretty good mood, believe it or not. that bitch would finally get the payback she deserved. justice feels good.

i got up and began walking once more with a little pep in my step. this was a great distraction. actually, i'm glad i'm missing the funeral!! this is so much better!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
this was so much more boring.

i was sat in the room in which jules was supposed to be electrocuted. it was pretty empty actually. i guess i shouldn't really be surprised. nearly all of troll village must be at floyd's funeral!

a few seats behind me was a family of eight trolls. you heard me. eight trolls.

now that i think about it.. they kinda look like jules.

my suspicions were confirmed when i saw that another purple troll emerged from the entrance and sat down next to them. it was alec.

jules wasn't kidding when she said she had a big family!! there was only one parent, too (the dad). it almost made me feel bad for her.

almost.

most of the kids seemed grown now anyways.

"ahem." came a voice from the middle of the room.

that's when i realized i was staring at jules' family. embarrassed, i turned my head around swiftly to face the troll speaking.

he had orange skin and medium length cyan hair that wrapped around his face. he had a beard and wore glasses that were way too big for his face. freckles were scattered out all along his cheeks.

he looked scared to be there. but despite his looks he had a police uniform on.

how in the hell did he graduate from police academy??

whatever.

he continued talking.

"it has come to our attention that a certain troll has done.. really bad things." he paused.

'really bad things'.

that was definitely a way to put it.

he continued. "so today we gather to watch this troll pay the price for what they have done."

he looked out across the room expectantly but nobody spoke. he nodded his head awkwardly and got off the stage.

behind where he had once stood, the curtains pulled back to reveal jules cuffed to a chair.

there were two trolls beside her. they were much more confident than the other police officer. they stood firmly and with meaning.

jules, however, was sobbing. she was practically gasping for breath as she examined the crowd.

"daddy.." one of jules' youngest sibling whined while hiding their face in their dad's shirt.

the dad crossed his arms.

"you need to watch this." he growled.

the kid gave a final whimper before turning back reluctantly.

i thought of speaking up for him.. but now really wasn't the right time.

i turned back to the stage.

one of the police officers stepped up and pulled a script out of his pocket.

"by the law of troll village, this troll was convicted with two counts of trollnapping, one count of assault, one count of attempted murder, and another count of murder. today on july 5th of 2001, jules will die for her actions. this electric chair will send jolts of electricity to her head and throughout her body. she will not survive." he stopped because one of jules' siblings began crying.

"shhh.." the dad grumbled once more.

after a moment the crying stopped.

the police officer coughed before speaking again. "any last words?"

the room was silent for a moment.

jules paused her crying to answer.

"it was worth it."
.
.
.
.
.
.
and with that, the other police officer pulled a lever.

a few moments later, jules was gone.

"bye bitch."

thats the end of the chapter!! (short chapter, ik). but the next chapter will be the last one!! ❤️