poor guy

branch's pov:

i couldn't even look at her right now. she thought i was off my meds?? i really needed her right now. i really did. but it looked like i would just have to rely on myself.

i pulled back from her; hands still clenched around her arms.

"i-i'm.. going to go." i stuttered before escaping the hug.

"answer the question branch." she pleaded.

i didn't stay there any longer. i turned around immediately and started running far far away from poppy. i had never been upset at her like this. but theres a first for everything.

that really got me thinking.

i'm all alone in this situation. well.. that's not much different than how it's been before.

but it's still not a good feeling to have. not at all.

i wasn't going to run away again. that felt like the easy way out of this. but i couldn't go back home, either. because jules was there. and obviously i couldn't go to poppy's pod.

so i went back to that pharmacy.

if jules had taught me anything, it was that stealing was easy and rarely had any consequences.

so i stumbled over to the pharmacy and hid behind a bush just like jules had taught me.

i felt stupid sitting their alone. it was much more fun with someone else there with me. but i'd rather be alone than anywhere near jules right now.

suddenly, snapping out of my thoughts; i realized someone had exited the building with a pill bag in their hands.

they were absolutely ripped. geez.. what was a troll like that doing at a pharmacy. they looked pretty healthy to me!!

but i was pretty damn desperate.

so i did like jules taught me and bumped into him. the pills went flying onto the ground.

perfect.

"sorry!!" i chuckled while rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.

"watch out next time." he growled.

rude much?

i tried thinking of something to say but i came out with a complete blank.

we kind of just stared at each other until i finally decided to swipe the pill bag.

bad idea.

his arm immediately clung around my neck; pulling me close to his body giving me no space to move.

"narcotics officer. you have the right to remain silent." he shouted while shoving his badge in my face; causing every troll's head to turn our way.

i kicked my feet around helplessly but gave up quickly; instead deciding to sink into his grasp.

"i was going to give it to you." i mumbled.

"yeah, yeah that's what they all say." he scoffed before turning me around to trap me in handcuffs.

"is that really necessary??" i groaned.

every troll around us was watching this unfold. so embarrassing!! there were whispers and even some giggles heard from the crowd.

it's not every day a troll gets arrested. usually trolls are happy do-gooders. but sometimes theres a bad apple in the bunch, if you were to put it metaphorically.

i'm one of those bad apples.

"it's just protocol." the officer said as he stuffed me into the back of his cop car. (which was there the whole time?? i should have seen it.)

i opened my mouth to respond but he slammed the door in my face.

he hopped in the drivers seat and started driving towards the police station.

i kind of just sank into the seat miserably. i didn't mutter a word the whole time. i mean what was i supposed to say?? i just hope my brothers wouldn't be too disappointed in me.

and poppy..

i was still upset at her. i could care less if she came.

but i know that isn't true.

suddenly the car jolted to a halt, signaling that we had arrived.

"get out." i heard the officer call from the front as he exited the car.

i looked around helplessly hoping to find a final escape but there was nothing. i was locked in now.

the cop opened the door for me (which is the first polite thing he has done so far) and eyed me as i got out.

he lead the way over to the police station, which was HUGE.

i don't understand why it had to be that big. when it comes to trolls, there aren't many criminals.

stepping inside the place was like stepping inside a igloo. it was freezing. and only wearing that leaf jacket made the whole experience 10x worse.

"do you have a uhm.. a jacket. or something i could borrow? it's kind of co-" the officer stopped in his tracks.

"criminals don't get jackets." he grumbled before beginning to walk once more.

geez this guy has an attitude. i guess i don't really blame him. being a police officer must be the worst. i'm sure every 'criminal' asks the same questions. but i couldn't help but feel a twinge of anger towards him.

"in here." he ordered while opening up a cell door.

"i need a lawyer." i crossed my arms sassily.

he chuckled at me before pushing me into the cell; slamming the door behind me.

"do you have anyone i can call?" he asked.

yes, i do. but will i tell him that? of course not.

"no." i muttered.

"if you want a chance of getting out of here you've got to tell me, branch." he grumbled.

he knows my name?? well, i guess i was the troll who was dating the queen. but still!! kind of creepy.

however, despite popular belief, i do not want to spend my day in prison. so i gave up and told him.

"yeah uhm.. my brothers." i sighed.

we spoke for a bit, discussing who's number to call before he left.

now was my time to inspect the place further.

beside me were multiple other cells. but there were only a few trolls, because again, trolls don't usually commit crimes.

the door had a guard standing beside it. he looked pretty stiff. he had probably been there for hours already.

poor guy.

suddenly the door swung open, revealing my brothers, poppy, and..

jules.

thats the end!! i got a little lazy at the end.

GAHH SOMEONE ADDED MY STORY TO A READING LIST CALLED: BEST STORY EVER???

IM SO HAPPY!!!